• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to get more consistent times?

EpicCuber9053

I once ave been averaging about 25 seconds and i have not yet taken a break from cubing but now my times continuosly get worse and more inconsistent. The slower times are no biggie but the inconsistency is more frustrating than anything. I need help getting more consistent and after i am there, i will work on times

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Take a break. It helps a lot, and almost every cuber has quit for some time. I personally quit for 6 months at 40 seconds, got back into cubing, and suddenly was at 25 seconds. Maybe a little break might help?

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Slow your speed down. Whenever I use a really fast cube like a Fangshi Shuangren, Gans 357, or MoYu HuaLong I get some amazing times, but also a lot of horrible ones. I either turn too fast and cannot look ahead well, or overshoot. Slower cubes as well as just turning more slowly helps me get more consistent times, and actually faster average times as well. It takes a bit to find that sweet spot of turning speed.