• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to Get Faster using the ZZ Method

U

Underwatercuber

No, as ZZ-CT is straight up worse than ZZ-A in terms of movecount and ergonomics (as you have to leave the FR slot open). And I'd suggest just learning ZBLL straight up. You can learn ZZLL if you want, but there's no good reason in the long run.
Agreed, even Chris said it was bad from what I have heard

Thom S.

Agreed, even Chris said it was bad from what I have heard

Furthermore
It's not entirely bad, but simply a budget method. In the sense that if you have too few resources for ZBLL, ZZLL, or any other big Set, ZZ-CT can be a viable Alternative. If one has the mental ability and time to manage such a set, CT is the clear loser. Chris is just so good in marketing the upsides of his set that it appeared as the ultimate LL-Skip method.

(Now Opinion)
Basically, in terms of movecount and ergonomics, CT is above ZZ with OCLL/PLL but definitely way below ZZ-A/B