• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Octopanda

WCA
2017PASS01
I have a had a post up for 6 days and have been waiting for an answer that whole time, and instead of mine getting answered someone who has had their post up for less than a day was just answered. wtf

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a had a post up for 6 days and have been waiting for an answer that whole time, and instead of mine getting answered someone who has had their post up for less than a day was just answered. wtf
Your post has probably been answered hundreds of times throughout this thread. Learn full PLL, practice F2L through slow solves and just practice.

Someone REALLY needs to make a large FAQ for this thread

spiderdud3

I own a Valk3 and Weilong GTS and I've really pushed the limits on thosed cubes. I normally average around 35 seconds with Half CFOP Half LBL
I know 10 Olls (two look) and 4 plls (2 look)
Any tips on getting faster besides practice, turn slow and look ahead, and learn f2l?

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
I own a Valk3 and Weilong GTS and I've really pushed the limits on thosed cubes. I normally average around 35 seconds with Half CFOP Half LBL
I know 10 Olls (two look) and 4 plls (2 look)
Any tips on getting faster besides practice, turn slow and look ahead, and learn f2l?

Lots of practice will go a long way. You really need to learn intuitive F2L and work on Full PLL. Watch these videos for the F2L: http://badmephisto.com/guide.php

Woodman567

Hello! I am posting to get some opinions on to what I should do to speed up my times. I am overwhelmed by all of the things I see when I look up how to get faster.

I am pretty slow averaging 40-45 seconds. I use CFOP as my main method of choice, and I am not color neutral (white cross). What I need to know is what should I learn to get my averages at least around 30 seconds? Should I work on F2L, and if so what cases should I try and learn first? Is it look ahead I need to work on? Or should I start by learning full PLL? I am not worried about OLL as I will just use two-look for the time being.

Any suggestions are taken!

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess you can slowly start learning more and more PLL algs until you know all of them and use them in your solves.

Not that it's needed to reach an average of 30 seconds. For that just do some solves sometimes and it'll work.

Captain EO

My cross is taking 7-10 seconds... Tutorials have not helped

I also find myself pausing in F2L A LOT.

Elite Cuber

Don't worry that skill will come with a lot of pratice it takes time , also don't turn super fast or you will get stuck a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Cuber

Don't worry that skill will come with a lot of pratice it takes time , also don't turn super fast or you will get stuck a lot

You also have to use ur own style . I also tried videos it did not help but try slowing down

Riley M

WCA
2017MADD03
I started cubing a couple months ago and i can get around 45 ao5 consistently with the occasional 50 second solve and the occasional 35 second solve. I need help getting underneath that. I practice maybe an hour or 2 every day and i always have a goal in mind so its not just mindless solving.I am using fridrich/CFOP and i have a moyu aolong v2. I know 2 look oll and 2 look pll. I am not color nuetral as i can only solve on white and yellow. I know that i have to practice and everything which i am so give me practical advice like "learn this or that" or practice "this certain technique"