• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How many algorithms do you know?

WCA
2017BAIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I currently know full OLL,PLL, L2E for 5x5, some WV and COLL cases, advanced F2L algs and some 3-style algs. These accounts for around 150 algs in total( although I don't know the exact number).
Please let me know how many algs have you learnt in cubing so far.

tnk351

Almost full cfop, some big cube algorithms, as well as pyraminx, skewb, megaminx, virtural 2x2x4, some other cuboids, and more... Should be around 110

Billabob

OLL: 57
PLL: 21
Megaminx LL: 23
Tuttminx LL: 20 (working on full PLL)
Ortega: 12
Various other puzzles: 30+
So that's about 150 algorithms... Gosh. I haven't made any concerted efforts to learn full algorithm sets lately, but I might try learning 1LLL algs for my slowest OLLs... No more 25+ second solves when I get that one dot case!

Last edited:

WCA
2017WENR01
CMLL and EOLR and that's it
Forgot everything else bc I always do OH, 2x2, 3x3 and big cubes cause I hate megaminx
Also I know J perm on SQ1 and solve the whole thing intuitively and Jperm. Parity? START AGAIN

Hazel

Premium Member
I counted a few months ago, and I know something like 200 algs – OLL+PLL, COLL (minus sune/antisunes), a handful of other ZBLLs, some alternate PLL algs, and a bunch for other WCA events.

Julio974

WCA
2018ROHA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know all of 2LOLL (not yet 1L!), and I'm learning 1LPLL (I currently know the U, Z, H, A, R, J, T and N perms) for 3x3.
I also know a few Ortega PBLs and 2x2 OLLs, the 4x4 parities, the MMinx adaptations of 3x3 algs, but also the Pyraminx parity, Skewb SH and HS, and finally the Sq1 beginner's method.

G

Georgeanderre

A long time ago, 2012 ish I knew OLL, PLL, CxLL, ELL among others. K4 stuff and various 2x2 things, maybe upwards of 250+ algorithms at times..

Now, however, I probably only know maybe 6 PLL's (T, Y, J, L, H, Z and the two 3 cycles) and about the same number of OLL's (2 look stuff and that one case which is just fRUR'U'f') How appalling, but then I haven't used CFOP at all in like 9 years? so I don't need to know them.

I do, however, through virtue of being a Roux and K4 user still know full ELL (half of them are the same 3 cycle so are they even counted as algorithms? No) and about half of CxLL (again a lot are the same 3 cycle so, not algorithms) and ofc a crap tonne of last layer edge tricks for big cubes but those are commutators and also just 3 cycles so in reality I probably only know like a dozen algorithms? yikes

CraZZ CFOP

WCA
2018HUGE02
Full PLL: 21 Algs (+1 extra R perm, 3 extra J perms, 1 extra G perm, 1 extra T perm, 4 extra U Perms = 31)
OLL: 30-ish Algs
COLL: 5 New algs
Square-1: 11 New Algs (I use skwuction, so some algs overlap with 2x2)
Ortega: 6 Non-overlapping Algs
Pyraminx: 2 Algs
Skewb: 9 Algs
4x4 Parity: 2 Algs
BLD: 1 extra Alg
F2L: 3 Actual, though technically probably 30-40 are in my muscle memory

31+30+5+11+6+2+9+2+1+3=100 algs
Actually, 44 more skwuction algs don't seem that hard, now that I realize how many algs that I know.

Thiago Dames

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice question ! Well , I am a colector and i have more or less 400 puzzles in my collection.
Considering the normal cubes , mixups , gears , cuboids , geranium puzzles , Shape mods , siamese cubes and others.
I guess it is more than 120 algorithms.
But unfortunately i don't know the exactly number. ;)