How is the V-Cube 3?

Discussion in 'Hardware Area' started by Eileen, Mar 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Eileen

Eileen Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Germany
    Hey,
    I may would like to buy me the new V-Cube 3... but what do you think about the V-Cube 3? Is it a good cube for speedcubing? How is the cornercutting? is it better in pillowed or normal? Must I do modifikation? Do you have any reviews/oppinions/knowledge? Hoping for answers ^_^
    Greetings!

2. CubeTube

CubeTube Member

Apr 25, 2011
    Switzerland
    Hey there,
    I've been borrowing a friend's unpillowed one for two weeks now, and personally, I'd recommend you to go with a Dayan Cube for 3x3 Speedsolving, they're just faster, smoother and the cornercutting is way better than on the V-cube, so go with a Guhong or a ZhanChi, you won't regret it.
    But if you really wan't to get one, get a pillowed one (for collection purposes :D ).

Hope I could help, ct

3. JianhanC

JianhanC Member

Jan 1, 2011
    WCA:
    2010CHOO02
    Not to mention way cheaper. Get a Dayan cube.

4. balloon6610

balloon6610 Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I tried V-cube 3 yesterday from my friend play it with my guhong over and over again i have the result that V cube 3 is decent but it 100 % worse than a guhong since guhong can glide more smoothly and cut corner better although V cube 3 is faster. I recommend guhong or dayan zhanchi :)

5. Phlippieskezer

Phlippieskezer Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Behind You
    WCA:
    2011HAUP01
    YouTube:
    Phlippieskezer
    The V-Cube 3 is good, but any Dayan cube (except perhaps the first) > V-Cube 3, IMO, which also happens to be the general consensus.

I'd recommend one of the Dayans. Zhanchi is the most popular, but my personal favourite is the Lunhui.

6. balloon6610

balloon6610 Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Yeah V-cube 3 will better than anything else if dayan never exist.

7. CubeAddct

CubeAddct Member

Feb 10, 2012
    YouTube:
    cubeaddct
    I recently posted some reviews on both the V-cube 3 and 3b. I personally like my ZhanChi, but I still pull my V-cube out and play with it because it turns well and is fun to solve with. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  8. Cheese11

Cheese11 Member

9. teller

teller REAL Fingertricks!

Dec 15, 2008
    West Virginia
    WCA:
    2010COAT01
    YouTube:
    TellerWest
    This was so funny, and true. :)

10. Slowpoke22

Slowpoke22 Member

Jul 12, 2009
    San Diego
    WCA:
    2005ALBR01
    Sarah said all that needs to be said, really.