How I Solve Centers on 4x4x4 BLD

Discussion in 'How-to's, Guides, etc.' started by Mike Hughey, Nov 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. siva.shanmukh

siva.shanmukh Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Chennai, India
    WCA:
    2008SHAN01
    YouTube:
    shanmukh1729
    did you try (l' F u2 F' l) U2 (l' F u2 F' l) U2?

2. calekewbs

calekewbs Member

Jun 10, 2009
    WCA:
    2011PUGH01
    YouTube:
    crashcharliecoot1
    thanks mike! I just got into 3x3 bld and am borrowing a friends 5x5 so I thought, hey why not try that... and the edges seemed easy... but then I got to the centers. lol and had no idea how to tackle that beast. So thanks a ton!!!

3. ribonzz

ribonzz Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Isn't it the same just like the 2 x 2? I use the same algorithms and it works :)

4. ilikecubing

ilikecubing Member

Oct 28, 2010
    WCA:
    2011KULS01
    YouTube:
    musicfreak9312
    I really want to learn this and I prefer written tutorials,but this is 4 years old.I'm sure a lot of stuff wud have been updated and advanced methods must have come,so is this tutorial really worth reading now in May 2011? Or this method is still decently fast.

5. Mike Hughey

Mike Hughey Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Indianapolis
    WCA:
    2007HUGH01
    YouTube:
    MikeHughey1
    I still solve this way. I can get sub-7 times fairly regularly with it, and the primary reason I'm still slow is because I'm slow at wings; my centers are much faster than my wings.

The improvement that goes beyond this is simply to go straight for BH centers. That's superior - it will cut off a move or two per pair, on average. But it's a pretty minor difference.

6. riffz

riffz Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Toronto (Canada)
    WCA:
    2009HOLT01
    YouTube:
    riffz
    This tutorial isn't outdated at all.

7. Zane_C

Zane_C Premium Member

Commutators are not outdated. And they never will be.

8. rubiksarlen

rubiksarlen Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Malaysia
    WCA:
    2011TANA02
    YouTube:
    huntforfood99
    i know it took really long to do this, but can u put a 4x4 bld tutorial on youtube? it's hard to understand written tutorials for me. sry

9. wontolla

wontolla Member

Oct 21, 2010
    WCA:
    2011GRAJ01
    YouTube:
    wontollagdl
    I suggest you rephrase your requests in the future. You will get little help if you sound like a lazy a$$. What will become of you when youtube is gone? Seriously.