• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How Fast Can We Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube
Maybe Later
Thread starter #1
Hello everyone! So recently I've been thinking about World Records along with the people that get them. Throughout my experiences with cubing it has been relevant (especially during competitions like nationals) that World Records are broken. So, my question was, how fast can we get? Eventually, a record will be set, that will be impossible to beat, but when? After looking at Youtube channels it's obvious that 5.55 seconds is not the fastest anyone has ever solved a 3x3 rubik's cube. But, eventually, as long as cubing remains a "thing" logically speaking, someone will eventually beat that record. But, when will someone set the record too high, that's my question. Quite personally, I think it will be somewhere in the 3 - 4 second range. Obviously, no one can get to 0, but who will get closest, and what time will that be?

**Example Answer**

[Type of Puzzle]:
[Permanent World Record Time]
[What time (year) you think this will be achieved]

Answer this question to as many types of puzzles you want, I was just using 3x3 as an example!

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
YouTube
pjkcards
This topic has been discussed quite a lot in the past.

For the sake of minimizing redundancy, I've locked this thread. If you wish to continue, please do so in an existing thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.