• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Home-made stackmat timer (Connectable to PC)

DAoliHVAR

Hello everyone.
So I've wanted a stackmat timer for a while, but they are quite steep in price.
So I thought I'd make my own.
It is a rather simple project , and the timer works pretty much like a real stackmat timer.
There are still some bugs in the code, but nothing major.

Parts :
Arduino
Resistors of different values
Transistor
2 metal sheets, used as touch pads
Headphone socket
lots of wire
soldering tools.

timer back.jpg
back of timer. It's ugly but it does the job.
timer front.jpg
front of timer.
Unfortunately the forum does not allow videos, so I can't show it working.
For anyone interested the arduino code And circuit schematic are in the attachments.
Also if someone could tell me the moyu timer protocol, i would be thankful.
I think the moyu timer works in a faster baud rate, and that would help my timer be more precise.

feel free to ask a question if something in the schematics or code doesn't make sense.

Attachments

• circuit diagram.PNG
    circuit diagram.PNG
    57.8 KB · Views: 57
  • stackMatCode.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 51

Girogio

Hi, I just made my own version of the timer. However, I want to implement the 3.5mm jack functionality. Could u explain how that works please?

DAoliHVAR

Hey man, if i remember correctly, the stackmat communication protocol works on a standard uart serial protocol, but inversed for some reason. The tranzistor is made to inverse the signal, and then lower its voltage to an acceptable level for the pc

Girogio

Cool! Any chance to see the code or have the transistor datasheet/name by any chance?

DAoliHVAR

Both the code and circuit schematic are posted in the thread. The tranzistor is a generic 2n2222 npn transistor. Any will work

asdwer

I like it, but is imprecise after a few minutes because the internal oscillator has not temperature compensation and a lot of ppm are lost