• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi!

CubeCow

I'm CubeCow. I just started cubing exactly 1 week from today (3/5/15) and I memorized the beginner method in five days. My first cube was a New Island Phoenix stickerless cube, which I can no longer use because of losing one of the pieces when popping. I am now going to get a YJ Yulong, and a Cyclone Boys 2x2. My best time is 3min and I am hoping to improve my speed very much. If I can't though, I may just become a collector.

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! If you want to get fast, just be prepared that most pros get where they are because of dedication. But, at 3 mins, you should be able to improve quickly. It's not that hard to improve when you're just starting out.

CubeCow

Welcome! If you want to get fast, just be prepared that most pros get where they are because of dedication. But, at 3 mins, you should be able to improve quickly. It's not that hard to improve when you're just starting out.
Thanks :) Currently cube-less because I lost a cubie, but should get my new 3x3 soon.

EDIT: Wait lol already mentioned that.

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello! As sneaklyfox said, getting fast is less about innate talent and more about dedication and practice. To a certain extent, genetics and physical disabilities play a part (like if I only had one hand, I'd never be faster at 2H than at OH. But even then, you can still get fast - world class OH times are 10-15 seconds), but it's mostly just how fast you want to be, and you'll get there.