Hi from a new guy in the cubing world.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 2sin18, Apr 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. 2sin18

2sin18 Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Lithuania
    Hello. I am 17 years old, from Lithuania. As the title suggests, I am fairly new - I have had the Rubik's cube for a week and a half. I have learned the beginners method, Fridrich's F2L, 2-Look-OLL/PLL (all thanks to badmephisto).

My best single with 3x3 was 1:01:66 but I swing around quite a bit. I am going to buy a new cube as this one cannot cut corners at all, so that's a huge problem. Hopefully I will learn all the OLL/PLL cases during the summer as well as getting a better grasp of F2L which I spend like 30 seconds on right now. That's all for now.

2. Bapao

Bapao Premium Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Uranus...
    YouTube:
    bapao76
    Badmephisto's tutorials are an excellent starting point for any budding cuber. I can't recommend his videos enough.

Good luck improving and have fun on the forums.

3. Vipervenom9

Vipervenom9 Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    YouTube:
    Theunsungone
    Hey there, nice to see new people joining the cubing community. This is a great place to go to get all the help you could need from some of the best in the world. For instance Faz = Felix, who post frequently on these threads. Good Luck getting faster and if you would like you can follow my little video series on how I am personally improving. Perhaps that may help you improve yourself. http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/s...eedcuber-new-video-series&p=730722#post730722

4. 2sin18

2sin18 Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Lithuania
    Thanks for positive responses. I will definitely check your series out. And just out of curiosity, does anyone happen to know how old badmephisto is?

5. Bapao

Bapao Premium Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Uranus...
    YouTube:
    bapao76
    I'm guessing 28 or something.

6. antoineccantin

antoineccantin Member

Nov 8, 2010
    near Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2010CANT02
    YouTube:
    antoineccantin
    Welcome to speedsolving!

I know this is a minor thing, but if you bother to post that, at least spell his name correctly, its Feliks.

7. Vipervenom9

Vipervenom9 Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    YouTube:
    Theunsungone
    But it's much cooler spelled Felix =D.

8. RNewms27

RNewms27 Member

Jul 31, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    YouTube:
    Rnewms0
    X is the ugliest letter in the alphabet. Don't degrade him like that.

9. 5BLD

5BLD Member

Apr 14, 2011
    England
    WCA:
    2011LAUA01
    YouTube:
    5BLD
    Don't degrade poor letter X like that.

10. Vipervenom9

Vipervenom9 Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    YouTube:
    Theunsungone
    I whole-heartedly disagree, me and the letter X have been good friends. Phoenix, Xenophobe, Xavier.... and don't forget $#%.

11. soldii3runit

soldii3runit Member

Apr 5, 2012
    YouTube:
    ali3nhunterdo
    Don't forget the fact that "X" helps us solve the cube :D