• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

abr71310

WCA
2009SHAO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The center cap (or w/e you call it) snapped (well, "flew") off of my cube when i was turning it (i just finished lubing/sanding it) and it won't go back on!! (like, it snapped off and I can't tell if there's supposed to be a piece inside or something, but it won't stay on... every time i put it back together it just collapses...)

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Can I use super glue to get the cap to stay ON the cube (but still be rotate-able?)??

I need help.... FAST!!!

abr71310

WCA
2009SHAO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just did what most others would do and took it apart (since the corner/edge pieces were practically brand-new). I took apart my other cube (crappy corner and edge stickers) and put these corners and edges on them, and it turned out 5x better than any storebought EVER!!! (pops a LOT though; I don't mind, my T-perm went from 3.00 seconds to 2.xx seconds)

I guess I just have to wait for my 3 DS cubes to come in before I get to awesomely wicked sub-30 singles again...

V-Cube 7 Core Broken

Skip a paragraph if you don't want the story.

So I got my V-Cube collection on Monday. I was extremely happy with the 5x5 and spent most of Monday solving it. Skipping the 6x6 and going to the 7x7 Tuesday (yesterday), I solved it twice and was going for a third. Then I turned the blue layer. Pop does not describe the cataclysm that happened. The top 3 layers exploded onto the floor. I was a little in shock at how little pressure I had applied to create a pop. I found all the pieces (eventually), but then realized that my blue center had snapped off from the core.

(I'll get a picture hopefully) With a core with only 5 attached ends, should I try to fix it or send it back? I'm still a little in shock but I also don't know what to do. I don't know how well superglue will to the job, because I'm very likely to make the blue face unturnable.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wonder why everyone has to ask what to do in such a situation?

Send a polite e-mail to Verdes explaining the situation. By the sounds of it the fault is in the product, and so you are entitled to a free replacement (core).
I recommend putting a pic of what happened in the e-mail as well.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
Are the V7 cores the same size as a 3x3 core (like the V5 cores)? If so, you could replace it with a 3x3 core and get an adjustable tension system.

royzabeast

YouTube
Visit Channel
Broken edge piece

So if anyone's used a third model type A cube, you know it feels like it'll fall apart in your hands. So I was solving my new cube, had it for about a week and it popped. Ok, no biggy, but one of the edge pieces broke :eek:. Has this happened to anybody else? I was thinking if I should try superglueing it back into place. Do you think the people at HKnowstore would send me a replacement :)?

CopyofPhoto-0059.jpg

coolmission

WCA
2009SPAN01
Happened to me. One week after order arrived. I was pissed. That's why I don't use 3rd model type A anymore. Hell, I was even doing OH when it happened; and you should know that my tps for OH is nearly 0.5 :p

pentrixter

Banned
Yes that happened to me too after... 2 months of using it. The edge pieces are quite an improvement from the Type A III though. Those broke much easier.

royzabeast

YouTube
Visit Channel
The email I'm about to send-

To whom it may concern,
I recently bought a Rubik's cube from the HKNowStore about three weeks ago. I was delighted that it arrived so soon after I placed my order on your website. However, about two weeks later while I was using this new cube, an edge piece popped out, breaking a piece of it off with it. I have attached a photo of what the broken piece with this email. I have tried to glue it back on, without success. I was hoping to see if you could somehow send me a replacement edge piece. Here is a link to the cube I am referring to:

http://www.hknowstore.com/item.aspx?corpname=nowstore&itemid=0892d6fb-a81f-4ec5-ba49-e2042e903586

Thank you for your time,
Roy S.

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sending "to whom it may concern" in an email where you are asking for a replacement is kinda stupid, because they don't want to send it to you (no one does, it is losing money), so I would suggest starting off with something more normal, such as "Hello."

CubeKID777

Broken 4x4 Center Piece

hey guys,
i have a few questions. First let me tell you what happened. One of my center pieces broke and came into 2 pieces. The cube is 6cm QJ cube (mini) So heres the questions.
1) If i buy a center piece at cubesmith will it fit my mini 6cm cube?
2) Can i get the piece in white? or only black
3) How long does it take them to get back in stock, because there currently out.
4) ABOUT how long does cubesmith take to ship to the US
5) Is there a way to fix this without getting a new piece? I tried super glueing it but it came apart and just made it worse!
thanks guys

BTW i got a new type core

vcuber13

WCA
2009METH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
no on cubesmith they are for rubiks
they will not be getting them in any time soon (havent had them in over a year)
only in black otherwise youd see a white one (and ive never seen a white rubiks 4x4)
it takes about 2.5-3 weeks to toronto, but if you only need the centre you wont be ordering so it doesnt matter
retry super gluing its the only thing you can do, or buy a better cube.