• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Connecting a Stackmat timer to computer

Briosheje

WCA
2008IAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello there,

I've been trying to connect this timer for some hours, but I didnt came up with any solution right now.

The problem is :

1) When i link the stackmat to my PC CCT immediatly recognise it, but it displays 2 values (15:15.15, 1.50) when i press the power button on my stack and even if I have changed SEVERAL values on the configurations, following the rules explained in the readme file, it still shows the same thing.

2) When i link the stackmat to my PC prisma timer doesnt even detect it, even though the selected imput is the "Primary driver audio imput", which is the same as the CCT one.

I'm trying this two softwares on three computers (2 laptops (HP pavilion) and 1 desktop pc (asus)).

Am I doing something wrong somewhere?

tertius

Try Audacity. I did and found out that my computer was not receiving a signal.

I worked with my settings but could not seem to get it right. I then bought another cord (mono) and tried it. It didn't seem to fix the issue but I noticed that my computer was receiving a signal from the Stackmat Timer. I had to turn down the input volume (was all of the way up) and replace my cord to get the Stackmat Timer to work with Prisma Timer.

Last edited:

HEART

WCA
2009DAVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Trying to get my QJ timer to work with Prisma timer

I'm trying to use my QJ timer to start/stop prisma puzzle timer, but everytime i select it as an option, it says "timer not found". I've tried plugging in the jack into mic, and the sound jack with no luck. Do I have to install something for the timer? If so nothing has popped up asking to install.

I have tried, even got it to work, but all my times are in the less than one second region as it is shocked by itself that it responds sometimes lol

So.. no I haven't got mine working with Prisma. I haven't gotten it to work with CCT either unfortunately. Ah well it is what it is.

skippykev

Stackmat Pro doesn't connect to Windows 8 laptop

I have a Stackmat Pro v3, and I'm attempting to connect it to my Windows 8 laptop computer, but the problem is that it doesn't show up on CCT or Prisma Puzzle Timer. When I plug it in and turn it on, the green bars go up to maximum for a few seconds, then go down to less than 2 bars. I only seem to have two recording devices: microphone, and stereo mix. On CCT, the timer is shown to be on, then it flickers off and on until it goes off again. Configuration is also a hassle on these two puzzle timers. On CCT, there's only Mixer 2 (primary sound capture driver), and Mixer 3 (Microphone); both don't work. On Prisma, I press Ctrl+T for stackmat timer, then on stackmat timer imput device, I input microphone, and I get the same ol' red bar goof. I believe the problem is in with the internal microphone; it just won't allow any other "recording device"! Going back to the control panel's sound properties, I raised the microphone level up to 100, boosted it to +36.0 dB, and tried checking the box that says "Listen to this device", and there's nothing else I could do any more to connect my Stackmat timer. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Do I need to install funny drivers or something? Any helpful pointers I could use?

Hypocrism

WCA
2009ADLA01
Stackmat & PC

I'm sure this has been posted before but I couldn't find reference to it. I'm trying to connect my stackmat (v2) to Prisma Timer. I can hear the ticking sounds if I put the microphone through my speakers, but can't get it to register on the timer. Sometimes it says ERROR: couldn't select stackmat timer. How can I get it to register?

Thenio

WCA
2012WODA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stackmat v2 works with CCT, cstimer.net , Prisma
But stackmat v3 works with CCT, cstimer.net
I did it with my timer stackmat v3. This is video that it works :D (only polish language)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andreaillest

Premium Member
WCA
2012PANY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bumping due to my own relevance and to the fact that it doesn't seem that this has been solved yet.

Long story short, I can't get CCT to recognize my stackmat pro on windows 8. I've used the same properties/configurations that made this work on a windows vista laptop(checked all boxes) and I've even gone to the microphone properties and boosted the levels all the way up. I've tried looking for other timers that integrate stackmat pro, but to no significant results.

Halp plz.