• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TheGrayCuber

WCA
2012GRAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all!
I am new here! Recently I have gotten very interested in blind solving. I know the theory and how to do it (never successfully done it blind yet) and I am wondering if you have any tips or tricks for me.

A good way to start is to do sighted solves using OP (or whatever method you learn). Then memo 2 letters and solve them blind, repeating until the cube is solved. Then step up to 4 at a time. Then do all edges and all corners, and after you get comfortable with that, you'll be able to do blind!

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
My advice? Just do it. If you're familiar with all the techniques, cycle breaks, twisted pieces, parity etc, you should just attempt a full solve. I know too many people who know all the techniques but did not ever try a full attempt. So just do it. Even if it takes half an hour to memo and half an hour to execute, just do it.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys,

I haven't had a 3BLD success yet. It takes be under 10min to do an attempt but I'm always 4 or 6 pieces off. The corners I get correct always. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? Any common mistakes?
What method are you using? Have you gone back to the same scramble to see if it's memo or execution causing the issue? Maybe try writing the memo down and solving sighted to see if you can work out where you are going wrong.

Hey guys, wanna learn 3x3 blindfolded but i dont know about any methods, please leave links and methods below :)

Thanks Guys, much appreciated

Horhe

How to deal with corner twist? I mean how'd you guys execute it fast? My buffer is UFR

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just recently did a 4BLD attempt and DNF'd, but when I checked, I realised I had everything perfect in memo but corner parity messed up the centres. I solve: Corners, centres, wings, and I was wondering how I could do parity (keeping this order) without messing up the centres. I tried both of the regular PLL parity algs but they messed up the centres

TheGrayCuber

WCA
2012GRAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just recently did a 4BLD attempt and DNF'd, but when I checked, I realised I had everything perfect in memo but corner parity messed up the centres. I solve: Corners, centres, wings, and I was wondering how I could do parity (keeping this order) without messing up the centres. I tried both of the regular PLL parity algs but they messed up the centres

Don’t fix parity until you’ve solved centers. You can solve corners first, just remember that you have to fix parity at the end of the solve.

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
... You can solve corners first...
But this is only centersafe if you use comms. With OP there can be trouble, because J-Perm, T-Perm etc. rotate the top-center 90° (just add the U-turns of your perm to find out in which direction). If you have 10 corners to solve and do them all with the same perm, the top-centers will be rotated 180°.
OK, you can avoid that if you alternate between the normal and inverse perm ...

U

Underwatercuber

But this is only centersafe if you use comms. With OP there can be trouble, because J-Perm, T-Perm etc. rotate the top-center 90° (just add the U-turns of your perm to find out in which direction). If you have 10 corners to solve and do them all with the same perm, the top-centers will be rotated 180°.
OK, you can avoid that if you alternate between the normal and inverse perm ...
Maybe I’m crazy but I don’t think you can do big bld with OP for wings/midges. OP corners are OK to do first if the total number of targets is divisable by 4. The easier way to do it in my opinion is too solve centers first then solve wings or corners.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe I’m crazy but I don’t think you can do big bld with OP for wings/midges. OP corners are OK to do first if the total number of targets is divisable by 4. The easier way to do it in my opinion is too solve centers first then solve wings or corners.
Sorry, please explain why the total number of OP targets need to be a multiple of 4 for corners?

I didn't think OP for corners affected anything..? (Except for parity of course, which was explained to me)

U

Underwatercuber

Sorry, please explain why the total number of OP targets need to be a multiple of 4 for corners?

I didn't think OP for corners affected anything..? (Except for parity of course, which was explained to me)
Every time you do a modified Y perm it affects the center by doing a U’

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, this should be my last question, but if I want to solve corners with comms (corners first) to avoid messing up centres, what should I do if I have parity and an odd number of targets on corners? (Where I would normally do a modified y perm)