• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help me plz, how to be a sub 20

Aini9027

WCA
2012HAID01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi frnds, i m nt new here, but i hv nt postd any thread. I want you to help me to improve my solves. I live in india. So i m nt able to gt gud types of cubes here, although i got a cube, which was worth 20 rs means 40 cents approx. Whatever , it was a gud cube fr me. Nw get back to main pt. I m a CFOP cube solver. I knw all pll, 60% oll and intutive f2l. My recent pb is a sub 30, and avg is sub 38. Im practicing so much, bt it does nt improve. I want ur help, plz give me tips to become a sub 20. Everyone will be greatly apreciated. Thanks , plz reply soon.

I average around 23 secs using Fridrich, and I only know:
-Intuitive and Alg F2L
-All PLLs
-Only Beginner's Method OLL

Seriously, you gave us nothing to work off of, to know what you should improve on.
How do you expect us to tell you what to work on, without us knowing what you're doing bad?

Also, you should probably focus on getting sub30, instead of sub20, first.
Especially if your average is nearly 40secs.

stinkocheeze

Hi frnds, i m nt new here, but i hv nt postd any thread. I want you to help me to improve my solves. I live in india. So i m nt able to gt gud types of cubes here, although i got a cube, which was worth 20 rs means 40 cents approx. Whatever , it was a gud cube fr me. Nw get back to main pt. I m a CFOP cube solver. I knw all pll, 60% oll and intutive f2l. My recent pb is a sub 30, and avg is sub 38. Im practicing so much, bt it does nt improve. I want ur help, plz give me tips to become a sub 20. Everyone will be greatly apreciated. Thanks , plz reply soon.

i dun no. pl0x stp tlking htis. stp making threads. red thred rulz. pl0x
Practice. or Practise.
Both are good.

Aini9027

WCA
2012HAID01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well you r right, i hvnt listed the bad things. I cn only tell u that my cube is bad. I m practising so much, bt due to my cube i hv a slow solve. I wanna knw which method should i use petrus or go away with fridrich

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
You're already using Fridrich, might as well just continue. That'd probably be the easiest way to get sub 20, or at least most efficient way.

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You don't understand. You blame your speed on the cube alone - "bt due to my cube i hv a slow solve." It's not your cubes fault you didn't solve it fast enough. Order a cube online. Then practice. Then practice more. Time your first two layers. If it takes you more than 12-14 seconds you haven't practiced enough.

Hiero

WCA
2010MAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got a 33 cent cube when I was in South America, it's probably the same type. It's a really bad cube and you're probably not going to get much faster with that type of cube.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There are plenty of places you can buy good cubes from cheaply. I would recommend lightake.com but they are having a minor situation at the moment.

PalashD

WCA
2009DUBE01
If you are living in India you can order from Rack The Brain . You can mail them at [email protected]. They will give you a Lan Lan. The stickers are really bad so order a set of stickers also. It is a fast enough cube. Far better than that 20 rupee one. It will cost you something around 500. You can make the payment through a bank transfer. You would be atleast knowing someone with a bank account if not a credit card.

You can also get Funskool cubes from stores. Go to any Landmark store. They have them or pester your nearby gift shop. They will get it for you. But you will need a silicone lube to get that smooth for which you can mail Pidlite or Rackthebrain.

By the way join the google group speedcubingindia. There you can get more details of competitions and available cubes in India.

Also where in India do you live?

Last edited:

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

lern2spellandpractise.

Aini9027

WCA
2012HAID01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You don't understand. You blame your speed on the cube alone - "bt due to my cube i hv a slow solve." It's not your cubes fault you didn't solve it fast enough. Order a cube online. Then practice. Then practice more. Time your first two layers. If it takes you more than 12-14 seconds you haven't practiced enough.

wel the reason, i m blaming my cube is that. It has no screws. It cnt cut corners very wel. It pops vry much,but i dunt have any other way. Can u plz give me a site to buy cubes