Help me design puzzles!

Discussion in 'Puzzle Building, Modding, & Designing' started by Nikhil Soares, Dec 29, 2016.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Nikhil Soares

Nikhil Soares Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Mumbai, India
    WCA:
    2015SOAR01
    YouTube:
    Cuber Nikhil
    Hi. I am interested in puzzle designing and wanted to design one too! I have already installed Solidworks so can anyone help me about how to design cubes in SOLIDWORKS?

2. Joël

Joël Member

Mar 14, 2006
    3rd rock from the sun
    Hi Nikhil Soares,

I only designed a puzzle in Solidworks once, so I don't know too much about it. These videos show you the process of designing twisty puzzles in Solidworks:

How to pillow a puzzle using Solidworks

How to make a Megaminx on Solidworks

Twisty Puzzles a la Vi

I recommend trying to find some more tutorials on making basic shapes first, and then get familiar with the techniques shown in the video (making a sketch, creating a surface by rotating the sketch around an axis, and pattern the resulting surface around).

If you need more help, you can try using the forum at twistypuzzles.com, too!

Loiloiloi likes this.
  3. Forcefulness

Forcefulness Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Meme Hell
    YouTube:
    chicken29843
    matt bahner has some good stuff on his channel

Loiloiloi likes this.