• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello from Colorado!

graceenai

WCA
2019NGEL02
Hi everyone, my name is Elise and I'm currently attending college in Colorado. My friend got me into speedcubing in January 2017 and I figured it was time to get to know more than one person who speedcubes. Being a college student, I don't get to practice that much or attend competitions, but I practice 3x3 - 7x7 and megaminx, and I'm working on learning 3BLD using Old Pochmann. Currently, my favorite events to practice are 3x3 and 4x4, but that tends to change.

Outside of cubing, I am an engineering major who also enjoys knitting, playing the piano, and hanging out with friends! I competed in gymnastics for 7 years but haven't been able to continue in college (so I guesss I took up speedcubing?)

Enough about me, I'm looking forward to getting to know other speedcubers on the forum! Please message me or reply on the thread if you have any questions or just want to talk, I'd love to make some new friends :)

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hi everyone, my name is Elise and I'm currently attending college in Colorado. My friend got me into speedcubing in January 2017 and I figured it was time to get to know more than one person who speedcubes. Being a college student, I don't get to practice that much or attend competitions, but I practice 3x3 - 7x7 and megaminx, and I'm working on learning 3BLD using Old Pochmann. Currently, my favorite events to practice are 3x3 and 4x4, but that tends to change.

Outside of cubing, I am an engineering major who also enjoys knitting, playing the piano, and hanging out with friends! I competed in gymnastics for 7 years but haven't been able to continue in college (so I guesss I took up speedcubing?)

Enough about me, I'm looking forward to getting to know other speedcubers on the forum! Please message me or reply on the thread if you have any questions or just want to talk, I'd love to make some new friends :)
Hello and welcome again:)

It is great that you have joined these forums, and I am sure that you will meet many new and great cubers here.

Good luck learning 3x3 BLD, if you have any questions about that (or any event for that matter) just ask around and help will come. For 3x3 BLD this forum section has some great info on that, so take a look as interest comes: https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/forums/blindsolving-discussion.16/

What are you averaging in all the events that you do? Also, what are some of you main cubes that you are using? If you are looking for a list of the top cubes right now on the market, check out this thread: https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/which-cube-should-i-get-up-to-date-recommendations.70960/

For information in regards to the cubing in Colorado, you can check out this thread. At the moment there was talk of a competition being organized for October, but I do not think that, that competition is going to be held, seeing as the individual that was thinking about organizing it has not announced it on the WCA website, but if for some reason it goes still happen (do not hold you breath though:)) it will be announced on the WCA website here. Other then that, I am thinking/hoping to have a PBQ competition in Colorado Springs for December (although that is tentitive at the moment, since I have not heard back from the delegate yet) but on top of that I have/am planning a competition in Colorado Springs for the 16th of February, 2019, and I hope to have the announced on the WCA website soon (I will also create a thread for that once everything is finalized). Info on that and the possible PBQ competition can be found in the Colorado Cubing thread.

Those are some great hobbies as well. I enjoy playing the piano and some other instruments as well, although I have not done to much by ways of playing music recently, due to being busy, with either cubing or non cubing related, but I am hoping to get back into that soon.

Please ask questions as you have them, and we look forward to seeing you around on these forums.

Lastly, if you want to compete in competitions here in the forums, there is a weekly competition here that goes on every week, and it ends on Monday at around 6pm MST, and there are also a lot of different race threads or event thread here.

Happy Cubing!

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results

Welcome! What college are you going to and what are you studying?

graceenai

WCA
2019NGEL02
Hello and welcome again:)

It is great that you have joined these forums, and I am sure that you will meet many new and great cubers here.

Good luck learning 3x3 BLD, if you have any questions about that (or any event for that matter) just ask around and help will come. For 3x3 BLD this forum section has some great info on that, so take a look as interest comes: https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/forums/blindsolving-discussion.16/

What are you averaging in all the events that you do? Also, what are some of you main cubes that you are using? If you are looking for a list of the top cubes right now on the market, check out this thread: https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/which-cube-should-i-get-up-to-date-recommendations.70960/

For information in regards to the cubing in Colorado, you can check out this thread. At the moment there was talk of a competition being organized for October, but I do not think that, that competition is going to be held, seeing as the individual that was thinking about organizing it has not announced it on the WCA website, but if for some reason it goes still happen (do not hold you breath though:)) it will be announced on the WCA website here. Other then that, I am thinking/hoping to have a PBQ competition in Colorado Springs for December (although that is tentitive at the moment, since I have not heard back from the delegate yet) but on top of that I have/am planning a competition in Colorado Springs for the 16th of February, 2019, and I hope to have the announced on the WCA website soon (I will also create a thread for that once everything is finalized). Info on that and the possible PBQ competition can be found in the Colorado Cubing thread.

Those are some great hobbies as well. I enjoy playing the piano and some other instruments as well, although I have not done to much by ways of playing music recently, due to being busy, with either cubing or non cubing related, but I am hoping to get back into that soon.

Please ask questions as you have them, and we look forward to seeing you around on these forums.

Lastly, if you want to compete in competitions here in the forums, there is a weekly competition here that goes on every week, and it ends on Monday at around 6pm MST, and there are also a lot of different race threads or event thread here.

Happy Cubing!

Thanks again for the welcome!

As far as averages go, I'll list them here. (I don't practice 6x6 or 7x7 much so I'm awful lol)
3x3 - 21s, Weilong GTS2M
4x4 - 1:15, Cyclone Boys mini 4x4 (that I'll be magnetizing soon)
5x5 - 2:40, Yuxin 5x5
6x6 - 5ish, Cyclone Boys G6
7x7 - 8ish?, MF7S
Megaminx - 3:30, Qiyi QiZheng S

Hopefully I'll be able to make the competitions in the Springs! As long as I'm not too bogged down by school it should work :)