• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

HARCS (JARCS Replacement) - Cube Solver

Thread starter #101
Can you post pllalgs.txt that you used in the algsearch?
Code:
step oll
movegroup 1
prunedepth 1
searchdepth 1
epmask 0x0000ffffffff
eomask 0xffffffffffff
cpmask 0x0000ffff
comask 0xffffffff
cnmask 0xfff

step pll
movegroup 4
prunedepth 9
searchdepth 9
epmask 0xffffffffffff
eomask 0xffffffffffff
cpmask 0xffffffff
comask 0xffffffff
cnmask 0xfff

algsearch oll pll --NO-ISO

Is it possible to specify half turns in a custom method? I want to test a method for move count, but it involves passing through Thistlethwaite's G2, which is {L2, R2, F2, B2, U, D} as a generator.

Thread starter #103
I have made 2 quick changes. Click here to download v0.9d. A bug related to "algsearch" has been fixed (problem with edge orientations). Algorithms with unsolved centers still won't compute. Support for half-turn moves is implemented. Use should be obvious, or check the README.

Here is an input file for one of my old methods that demonstrates both changes.

Type:
Code:
 load portico apply F L2 U2 L2 B L2 R2 U2 B R2 B2 U' B D' U2 R2 U' B L'  # all view
( [ALT+SPACE]+E+P to paste into Windows command prompt )

You will see left and right block solutions that include F2 moves, because the input file contains: "movegroup <URLF2>"

Type:
Code:
 algsearch 1
It will generate and solve the 17 EP5 algorithms (16+solved) without a hitch. This wouldn't have worked on the previous version.

This input file won't work for most COLLs because it uses CMLL.txt as an alg source for convenience.

Is it possible to specify half turns in a custom method? I want to test a method for move count, but it involves passing through Thistlethwaite's G2, which is {L2, R2, F2, B2, U, D} as a generator.
Now it does.

WCA
2017MCWI01
You could also go a step further and allow the ability to have a move set that only does quarter turns with something like <M1U> where M can only be a quarter turn.

Furthermore, you could also go another step further and allow a move set that restricts it to just prime moves or just forward moves.

For example, you could make it so that something like <M'U> will restrict M to only be prime (as well as any U move), and maybe something like a double prime symbol OR a quotation mark for restricting it to only forward quarter turn moves like <M''U> or <M"U> so that M can only be a forward quarter turn (Allowing both '' and " as valid syntax options for forward moves would be neat)