• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

H perm algorithms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mande

WCA
2008MAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't have a "speedcube" yet, so I find the H perm faster with the algo RLU2R'L'y'R'L'U2LR instead of M2UM2U2M2UM2 (doing M moves is a bit tough on my cubes). Is there anyone who uses this algo? and which of these would be faster on "speedcubes"?

yurivish

i prefer the M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2. i can average under 1 second on that one with a good cube.

Have you considered switching to the M-slice-based U perms? I'm around 1 second with the H on my cube (which isn't that good), and I can do a U perm under a second with relative ease.

mande

WCA
2008MAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, is there anyone who uses this for a Z perm?
R'FRF'yR'FLRF'L'F'R2U' (i think so...)
I think not, there's something wrong with that alg

for Z I use/have used
x' R U' R' U D R' D U' R' U R D2' F x
U2 M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2 U2 M'
U R' U' R U' R U R U' R' U R U R2 U' R' U
F2 M2 F2 M2 U M2 U M2 U2

hmm...the problem is that i don't have a cube with me now...
how about this?:
R'FRF'yR'FLR'F'L'F'R2U'

EDIT: It probably might be the first one you've mentioned...

Scigatt

This is only slightly related, but why is the H perm considered to move the edges? (Do a Y perm, then a V perm, making sure the edge movements cancel out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.