• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] GuoGuan YueXiao

Rate this cube 1-10!

• 10 - Best of the best

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • 9 - Main material

Votes: 68 51.5%
  • 8 - Great, but won't be my main

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • 7 - Decent cube

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 6 - Could be better, something is off

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 5 - It's pretty average

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 4 - Meh

• 3 - It's below average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Hype = MeiYu. Reality = MeiYu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - Oh my goodness ... this is awful

• Total voters

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
So, should an intermediate cuber who averages around 23 seconds and has a Moyu Aolong v2 buy this cube?

If you really are tight on cash, I suppose not. I don't recommend this just because it's main material, but also because I'm sure this cube will be a collectible in the future just like the Zhanchi and aolong due to their revolutionary performance.

Coolio

YouTube
Visit Channel
Great review and nice intro lol. However... BLASPHEMY!!!! I really think every speed cuber (even those who's main are the meiying) should get it. Every other cube is a money drain if you're satisfied with your main except this one.

It's just a difference in opinion, I'm not trying to call you out for saying that lol >.<

Coolio

Haha I like the way your write :D Really cool and I don't mind you calling me out. Its your opinion and I respect that.
Thanks for sharing it with me :)
Have you tried the new Gans v2? I would love to hear your thoughts on it hehe

Critical

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
Haha I like the way your write :D Really cool and I don't mind you calling me out. Its your opinion and I respect that.
Thanks for sharing it with me :)
Have you tried the new Gans v2? I would love to hear your thoughts on it hehe

Critical

Nah man for 3 reasons:
1. Really expensive
2. Didn't like V1 (too flexible)
3. Not enough good reviews to tempt me to buy it

Maybe someday, but the YueXiao is where it's at!

Coolio

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nah man for 3 reasons:
1. Really expensive
2. Didn't like V1 (too flexible)
3. Not enough good reviews to tempt me to buy it

Maybe someday, but the YueXiao is where it's at!

Coolio

Oh, yeah

1. Same
2. They actually fixed that. Its more stable now
3. Yeah wait a while :)

Thanks for the reply :)

Critical

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great review and nice intro lol. However... BLASPHEMY!!!! I really think every speed cuber (even those who's main are the meiying) should get it. Every other cube is a money drain if you're satisfied with your main except this one.

It's just a difference in opinion, I'm not trying to call you out for saying that lol >.<

Coolio

I disagree. If you like the MeiYing for it's like airy feel I don't think you will automatically like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
I disagree. If you like the MeiYing for it's like airy feel I don't think you will automatically like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc1DkJi_yxw

I think I've said this responding to someone in a different thread but not here. I don't recommend this cube because it has main potential for any cuber based off performance, I recommend it because it's a cube like the Zhanchi and Aolong V2 (IMO) where it's more of a revolutionary cube and worth having in your Arsenal just to say you have it.

Now I understand that the pieces are almost identical to the Meiying, but I think the wings added to the regular core greatly affects the cube and is a very new idea.

Coolio

So, I'm beginner/intermediate atm I do LBL and 4LLL. I'm not sure what cube I prefer considering I have never really gotten a lot of speedcubes. Would you guys recommend this cube? Seems good as I have inaccurate turning (corner cutting) fast( cool ) and airy :p. BTW, I'm kinda worried about the catching that people say happen because of the holes in the corner and that it is squared off. Will I have problems with this?

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
So, I'm beginner/intermediate atm I do LBL and 4LLL. I'm not sure what cube I prefer considering I have never really gotten a lot of speedcubes. Would you guys recommend this cube? Seems good as I have inaccurate turning (corner cutting) fast( cool ) and airy :p. BTW, I'm kinda worried about the catching that people say happen because of the holes in the corner and that it is squared off. Will I have problems with this?

After you become more accurate, then get this cube. If you get this cube while retaining inn accurate turning you might not improve as fast since you did not fix the earlier issue of over or under shooting. At the point when you are fast enough where every detail matters, this problem will appear.

Coolio

Ok, another question. Im kinda afraid to buy the stickerless cuz some ppl say the greens and yellows are bad. Has anyone who got this had recognition problems? If it is, are the stickers high quality so that they dont tear easily?

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
Ok, another question. Im kinda afraid to buy the stickerless cuz some ppl say the greens and yellows are bad. Has anyone who got this had recognition problems? If it is, are the stickers high quality so that they dont tear easily?

Idk about the sticker less recognition, but to answer the stickers question yea they are very high quality. However, I will say the orange on a brown cube (I ordered brown) looks very pastel so it doesn't feel fluorescent but it's very bright. The stickers are typical of moyu: very, very good.

Coolio

Joel2274

Idk about the sticker less recognition, but to answer the stickers question yea they are very high quality. However, I will say the orange on a brown cube (I ordered brown) looks very pastel so it doesn't feel fluorescent but it's very bright. The stickers are typical of moyu: very, very good.

Coolio

I got the stickerless version, and yes, the green and yellow are similar, but I have not had any recognition problems with it. also, everyone is complaining about catching but mine almost never catches. I also know that the stickerless cube has 3 piece corners while the stickered version has 2 piece corners. Maybe that small difference can affect it somehow? idk.