Groovik's Cube Seattle 2012

Discussion in 'Official WCA Competitions' started by uyneb2000, Apr 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. The Groovik's Cube Seattle 2012 comp will be on June 10, 2012 at the Pacific Science Center, Seattle, Washington.

Please check out the comp website for more info: http://www.cubingusa.com/groovikscubeseattle2012/

Any Seattle cubers out there? Get over here! People from Canadia too. Meep is coming.

2. listonjesse

listonjesse Member

Apr 8, 2012
    I might come! My last day of school (finals) is on the 11th and I planned to go to Seattle (3 hour drive) to do the event on the 10th and visit the University of Washington the next day. Hopefully I can take my Monday finals early or perhaps my classes won't have any important finals.

3. cityzach

cityzach Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Manhattan, NYC
    WCA:
    2010GOLD01
    YouTube:
    cityzach
    What exactly is a Groovik's cube?

4. A Groovik's Cube is basically a Rubik's Cube, except it is 15 by 15 foot. It is lit with LED lights and can be used by computers and up to 3 people can use it to solve it cooperatively. It was first displayed at the Burning Man Festival in 2009. Now its in Seattle

Here is an image of it.
    [​IMG]

5. cityzach

cityzach Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Manhattan, NYC
    WCA:
    2010GOLD01
    YouTube:
    cityzach
    WOW! That's pretty cool.

6. Eazoon

Eazoon Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Washington state
    Im gonna be there. Anyone else coming? This will be the first time I see another cuber that is sub-1.

Edit: sub-1 min.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  7. kevin hays is coming. he can do sub-1 singles on 5x5! kevin, gogogo sub-1 average. :p

8. avgdi

avgdi Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Bellingham, WA
    WCA:
    2011VAND01
    YouTube:
    avgdi
    I'll be there. :)

9. nickvu2

nickvu2 Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Seattle
    WCA:
    2007VUNI01
    Alex, you've been banned from competing. I'm putting a poster up of your face and telling them not to let you in.

10. seriously? why???

11. Toquinha1977

Toquinha1977 Member

May 7, 2009
    Vancouver
    WCA:
    2008YIMV01
    YouTube:
    handsoncommunication
    Just wanted to say thanks to Nick and Zheng for all the hard work in organizing. While I wish I was able to get in a Groovik's solve, it was great to get everyone together and see some awesome solves. That, and I beat four official PBs: OH single/avg and 3x3x3 single/avg. See y'all at the next one!