• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Greetings

meskelto

WCA
2013SKEL01
Hello to everyone on the Speedsolving.com forum!

I have been cubing for a long while now, on and off since around 2009. I have been to a few competitions, with my best event being FMC. Currently I am thinking about developing and improving methods, so I have some ideas I want to share on this forum.

So what are your favourite events?

Thanks!

Last edited:

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hello to everyone on the Speedsolving.com forum!

I have been cubing for a long while now, on and off since around 2009. I have been to a few competitions, with my best event being FMC. Currently I am thinking about developing and improving methods, so I have some ideas I want to share on this forum.

So what are your favourite events?

Thanks!
Welcome to the forums @meskelto. It is great to have you here. What are you averaging in FMC at the moment?

A few of my favorite events at the moment are 5x5, Skewb, 3x3, and 3x3 FMC, although that changes quite often.

meskelto

WCA
2013SKEL01
Right now around 1:30. That hard part is doing it in competition, which I've always struggled with.
Nice. Yeah, I've struggled with competition nerves before. It's not easy! Taking your time before the cube is revealed may help, and I'm sure there are resources out there with other advice.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Thanks. Right now, I'm still around 30-32 moves but I DNF more often than I used to. Ah cool, what do you average in FMC?
Cool and thanks for letting me know. At the moment I have averaging around mid to low 30's with every now and then getting a sub 30 mean. I am hoping before the end of this year to be sub 30 consistently, and have a sub 25 single.

meskelto

WCA
2013SKEL01
Cool and thanks for letting me know. At the moment I have averaging around mid to low 30's with every now and then getting a sub 30 mean. I am hoping before the end of this year to be sub 30 consistently, and have a sub 25 single.
That's pretty decent. Good luck with sub-30! I've hit a bit of a wall, even though I know all the techniques. I guess I should improve edge commutators; I find some of them confusing.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
That's pretty decent. Good luck with sub-30! I've hit a bit of a wall, even though I know all the techniques. I guess I should improve edge commutators; I find some of them confusing.
Thanks and sorry for the late reply. Other then edge commutators is there anything else that you are having trouble with? Good luck with learning edge commutators

I myself do not know to many edge commutators, and to be honest I do not really like to have edges left after I get everything else done (as in AB3C etc.) so I have not practiced as much as I probably should, but never the less, I still enjoy what I know.

meskelto

WCA
2013SKEL01
Thanks and sorry for the late reply. Other then edge commutators is there anything else that you are having trouble with? Good luck with learning edge commutators

I myself do not know to many edge commutators, and to be honest I do not really like to have edges left after I get everything else done (as in AB3C etc.) so I have not practiced as much as I probably should, but never the less, I still enjoy what I know.
Maybe time management, and sometimes finding insertions takes me too long if there are more than three pieces. It's possible that I look at one or two starts for too long.

I'm the same regarding edges. I think learning as much as possible is important, since you don't want to be restricted in FMC, so if you stumble across a great skeleton with LxE then you can go for it if you're good at edge commutators.

curitiba

hi all,

my name's curitiba, i come from toronto, canada. i am happy to join this forum and lovely to meet you all.