• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[NAR] Graham Siggins 42/42 in 54:52

I used to think that MultiBLD was one of the hardest events to get similar performance in home vs. competition. But now suddenly both WR and WR2 are also PBs. o_O

Very, very impressive.

WCA
2016SIGG01
YouTube
channel/UCQQInMQv08DfXg0HCLUAeRw
I used to think that MultiBLD was one of the hardest events to get similar performance in home vs. competition. But now suddenly both WR and WR2 are also PBs. o_O

Very, very impressive.
I thought that same thing until this last competition lol. Somehow just everything fell into place :p hopefully the comp nerves continue to stay away because they are typically very bad for me in blind events

Also Shivam's WR isn't and wasn't his PB -- he had two 48/48 results at home before the WR and they were both faster than the WR

WCA
2016SIGG01
YouTube
Also, i guess you have to recognize that because multibld is fundamentally such a different event than all other events, getting a multibld PB in comp is not nearly as crazy as getting a PB in something like 3x3 imo. You basically can't get lucky in multiBLD at all, so your best result ever is usually a reflection of just how well you can do when your in your optimal, most focused mindset. It's just a matter of replicating that focus and mindset while in comp, which is obviously pretty difficult.

Another minor thing too, but imo my 44/46 in 56:54 that I got the week before the 42/42 NAR is a more impressive result. The way we have all decided multiBLD needs to be scored is what makes the 42/42 my PB, but I'm actually more proud of the 44/46, I kinda wish it was my PB instead lol

WCA
2016SIGG01
YouTube

Very, very impressive.
Oh! and one more funny thing to note:

Mark's 43/44 was PB2 at the time iirc (and I think still is?)
Maskow's 41/41 was PB at the time as well