Good timer application for cubing.

Discussion in 'Software Area' started by ISolveNaked, Mar 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. ISolveNaked

ISolveNaked Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Hi,

I was looking for a good timer app but couldn't find one wich satisfies my needs. What i need is a timer wich can do the following:

Let me start and stop the timer with the spacebar.
    Save my times with the date of the solve to a .txt file.
    Give a random scramble.

I couldn't find one so i decided to make one my self, but it was really hard to learn how to. I managed to make the application but it can't produce a random scramble.(I never programmed before so i really don't know how to do it, it took me hours to learn and make it)

If you guys are interested, you can download it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27431020/KubusTimer.exe

If you guys know one that satisfies my needs, then i would like to hear about it!

Sorry for my bad english!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. Jaycee

Jaycee Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Crestwood, Illinois
    YouTube:
    Jayceeblaster
    I can't help you but I'd like to say two things.

-Your English is just fine.

-Your username is awesome.

3. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

PPT does way more than that. It supports using the spacebar, it gives you *actually* random scrambles, and it's possible to export old solve times (and when each solve was).

4. qq280833822

qq280833822 Member

May 28, 2008
    China
    WCA:
    2008CHEN27
    Its sq1-random-state scramble ignores middle layer :p

5. Lucas Garron

Yeah, good point. I've been meaning to backport my Javascript fix for Walter. But PPT is still better at random scrambles than any other timer out there right now.

6. Walter Souza

Walter Souza Member

Oct 30, 2010
    São Paulo
    WCA:
    2010SOUZ01
    How do you know that? Can you tell just by looking at the scrambles?

7. Lucas Garron

We can tell by looking at the scrambler. ;-)

8. Michiel van der Blonk

Michiel van der Blonk Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Oranjestad, Aruba
    WCA:
    2003BLON01
    YouTube:
    blonkm