Funfair Models

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by micronexer, Apr 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. micronexer

micronexer Member

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    YouTube:
    frinkeljinks97
    I wondered if anyone here does any sort of modelling of funfair rides? I've been doing it for a few years now and thought I'd share it with you guys. I've done various models in the past, including different roller coaster designs, a octopus ride, a 9ft Ferris Wheel, and more.

Here's a pic of the wheel, which was built over the course of 3 weeks last October and disassembled after a week or so;

[​IMG]

Also, this is a design I'm doing now;

[​IMG]

Anyone else do (or has done) anything similar? It'd be pretty interesting to see ^_^

2. emolover

emolover Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    WCA:
    2009MAHO01
    YouTube:
    jak343434
    That is incredible! What is it made our of? I a long time ago did this to a much less impressive extent with "kinects".

3. micronexer

micronexer Member

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    YouTube:
    frinkeljinks97
    It's all K'Nex, I own about 46,000 pieces and if I had enough space I'd still be getting more ^_^

4. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Premium Member

Dec 31, 2011
    England
    YouTube:
    ThomasJECubing
    Take your cube for a ride on it :p And is it me, or does the rollercoaster go out the window?

5. Ernie Pulchny

Ernie Pulchny Member

May 5, 2010
    Parlin, NJ
    WCA:
    2010PULC01
    YouTube:
    ErniePulchny
    I've done this stuff before too. I used collect different Knex sets(mostly the roller coaster sets) before I got into cubing. However, I ended up quitting it for 2 years when cubing took up my time. Now I'm currently building a roller coaster in my basement, thanks to nostalgia.

6. Bapao

Bapao Premium Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Uranus...
    YouTube:
    bapao76
    *imagines what micronexer could make out of Lego and mentally drifts off topic...*

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  7. micronexer

micronexer Member

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    YouTube:
    frinkeljinks97
    Haha, nope the coaster just rests on the window cill :p

Awesome. pm me a pic or two of it? :)

I barely own any Lego, for me it's K'Nex all the way ^_^

8. Bapao

Bapao Premium Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Uranus...
    YouTube:
    bapao76
    *sheds a tear or two*

Good stuff though. Well done :)

9. Ickathu

Ickathu Member

May 20, 2011
    Virginia
    WCA:
    2011MERT03
    YouTube:
    Ickathu
    How dare you? :mad:
    I have loads of legos. Honestly, I probably have 1m+ pieces.

10. emolover

emolover Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    WCA:
    2009MAHO01
    YouTube:
    jak343434
    One million?

I call bull****.

11. Bapao

Bapao Premium Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Uranus...
    YouTube:
    bapao76
    Wouldn't be too sure about that luv, although 1m is a big call though...I own around about 30,000 pieces and that sh*t weighs 40kg. 1m is probably best stashed on the ground floor if anything...

12. apoplectic

apoplectic Member

May 29, 2007
    Saint Cloud, FL
    YouTube:
    Apoplectic1
    I was never much for knex, I was a lego kid. I got rid of all of them, but I'm starting to collect the architecture models now. I've got the Space Needle, Empire State Building, and Rockafeller Center. I am also trying to track down a red biplane I had when I was a kid back in the late 90's.

13. micronexer

micronexer Member

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK
    YouTube:
    frinkeljinks97
    I'm gonna do some more work on the coaster in the morning, then I should have an update for you guys!