• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Feliks Zemdegs 4.73 3x3 single

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
*Record Scratch*
*Freeze Frame*
15443295_1181819458573935_4281115916178449579_o.jpg

*Slowly zooms in on Mats*

"Yup. That's me. You're probably wondering how I got myself in this crazy situation."

*Baba O'Riley starts playing*
"It all started years ago..."

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
Wow pretty awesome! A bonus of coolness that he broke the record while sitting next to Mats! No disrestpect to Mats intended. I like both of those guys.

Why isn't the WCA starting to input records with 3 decimal points yet? It's becoming more and more relevant as the records become closer to plateau. If this solve had been 0.003 slower it would be a tie on the records page!!

ozie

He also had 7.04, 7.39 and 6.97 averages and two additional sub 6 singles. Sooooo common (for him) that nobody cares anymore.
What is left to do? Get the OH avg WR back, and then there's the 4x4 avg and the 6x6 single...

Does this mean the end of the "Friday Fours"?

Last edited by a moderator:

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
Pretty great reaction, I always figured if/when he took 3x3 single back there would be a little extra celebration on his part for obvious reasons :D

Edit: And congrats to Mats for another sub-7 average! Honestly that's more impressive than a 4 single but will be way under-hyped.

Edit2: Also podium WR by a huge amount, 22.04 vs previous best of 22.91.

Last edited:

Sion

DAMN! GJ FELIKS! Imo, this was long overdue, although so was a Mats Wr too. Wait one more year and either one of them will break the sub 4 barrier in comp.

efattah

This means the two most recent WR singles were made on magnetic cubes.
Not sure how much of a correlation that is, but it'll certainly add to their popularity.

Mats was using a Valk3-M ??

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I was actually more impressed that Mats beat Felix in the overall competition. The record is great too of course (congrats Felix)! Although WCA will need to start implementing new rules about the minimum amount you need to break the record by in order for it to count as a new record. The stackmat timer itself has a certain error margin in its timing. In fact it is not entirely clear to me that this new record beat the old record by more than the intrinsic error of the timer itself. Like in the 100m dash in track and field, less than a certain margin is considered a tie.

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
The stackmat timer itself has a certain error margin in its timing. In fact it is not entirely clear to me that this new record beat the old record by more than the intrinsic error of the timer itself. Like in the 100m dash in track and field, less than a certain margin is considered a tie.
Is there any data on this anywhere?

Meep

WCA
2008ASIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mats was using a Valk3-M ??

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I was actually more impressed that Mats beat Felix in the overall competition. The record is great too of course (congrats Felix)! Although WCA will need to start implementing new rules about the minimum amount you need to break the record by in order for it to count as a new record. The stackmat timer itself has a certain error margin in its timing. In fact it is not entirely clear to me that this new record beat the old record by more than the intrinsic error of the timer itself. Like in the 100m dash in track and field, less than a certain margin is considered a tie.

Well, you can think of truncating the thousandths digit as an implementation of this already. For example, 4.739 and 4.730 is a tie.