• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Feet Discussion

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! I just got my feet PB single! It was 29.65, which is my first sub 30! Can someone please help me reconstruct it? I remember a little bit about the solve but can't seem to find the reconstruction.he
-It had a niklas last layer.
-One of the F2L pairs were R2 u R2 u' R2.
-When I did the cross I think I also had some corners inserted.
Generated By csTimer on 2017-2-19
single: 29.66

Time List:
1. 29.65 D2 B D2 B' D2 F2 R2 D2 F2 R B' F' U2 L F R' F2 D' U
CFOP right? just being method neutral here, I use ZZ
Do you do white cross only? or are you colour neutral?
Do you remember ANY of cross at all?
Did you mis-scramble by any chance? Are there any mis-moves that you usually do? (eg. I sometimes mix up L/L', B/B' ect.)

Also, that's awesome! Congratulations! Sub-40 was pretty cool when I broke it, so I can only imagine what sub-30 feels like.

TCCuber

I use CFOP. I'm color neutral, and I think it was probably the orange cross. There's no way I mis-scrambled because I never mis-scramble, even on 7x7. I think that the beginning of the cross was z' y2 D2 L or z' y2 D F2. I'm not sure which one it is. Maybe that's not the beginning. By the way, what do you average on feet? I've been practicing a lot and now I average 48.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! I just got my feet PB single! It was 29.65, which is my first sub 30! Can someone please help me reconstruct it? I remember a little bit about the solve but can't seem to find the reconstruction.he
-It had a niklas last layer.
-One of the F2L pairs were R2 u R2 u' R2.
-When I did the cross I think I also had some corners inserted.
Generated By csTimer on 2017-2-19
single: 29.66

Time List:
1. 29.65 D2 B D2 B' D2 F2 R2 D2 F2 R B' F' U2 L F R' F2 D' U

What cross color do you solve on, or are you color neutral? That'd help for a reconstruction. :p

EDIT: Ignore that, I missed the follow-up posts. I'll check for any possible reconstructions.

Congrats, btw! :)

TCCuber

Thanks! Also, do you have hangouts and are you willing to make a chat? If so, what is it?

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe that's not the beginning. By the way, what do you average on feet? I've been practicing a lot and now I average 48.
Still like 57ish; I have yet to join the sub-50 club that so many of my fellow Feet-sters currently occupy. I haven't had as much time as I would have wanted to practice the event.

Playing around with orange cross for a while now, I can't really come up with a cross that leads to that F2L cases or LL.

z' y2
D2 L D' F2 D' F R' U' R D'

Decent start but I don't know about the rest.

Did you try doing it again as a feet solve? I couldn't remember my old PB solve until I tried it like that again.

TCCuber

Hi guys! Thanks for trying to help me reconstruct my feet PB, but I somehow just got another PB!!!
Generated By csTimer on 2017-2-20
single: 28.85

Time List:
1. 28.85 B R2 F L2 B D2 B' R2 F' L2 R2 D' F' L' B' L' B' L2 D2 B
This was a really scramble, and I had a 3 second X-Cross, a G-Perm, and I locked up a lot, so even though it could've been way better, I don't care! This coincidentally happened right after watching Rami Sbahi do feet solves, so maybe if I watch Jakub Kipa do a solve I'll get a 20. Haha jk.

Ugh. I just tried finding a reconstruction but couldn't. Things I know about the solve:
-X-Cross was most likely along the lines of y' L' B2 U' R F R2 F
-I had a fat sune OLL.
-I had a G-C Perm PLL.
-I use CFOP and it was easy for CFOP solvers lol.
Can someone please help me? Sorry if I'm asking for too much. It's just that I really want to see the reconstruction and tps.

y' L' B2 U' R F R2 F
y U' R U R' y R' U R
U2 F' U F L' U L
R U' R'
y R U R' F' L' U' L F U'

Doesn't match description but it's a nice solve

I've wanted to try out something like R' U L' D2 L U' L' R U R' D2 R U' L

Last edited:

TCCuber

What do you guys think about this E perm: R' L' B' L F' L' B R L B' R' F R B

It's 2 moves shorter than the usual alg, but it seems like it might be a little more awkward to execute.
Wow! The first time I did this I got a 6.84 and I just did the normal E-perm and got a 7.54. I will now switch to that E-Perm. Thanks!

Comp with a carpet = 47.53 mean

Pretty good except the first solve where I didn't plan the whole cross and the second solve (see YT desc.)

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Pretty good except the first solve where I didn't plan the whole cross and the second solve (see YT desc.)

Do you think the carpet helped or hurt your solves (what had you been practicing on)?

Also, a couple tips:
Have you considered the alternate G-perms (R' U L' U2 R U' L y R L U2 R' L' and its variations)? Even though you don't use U moves, Jakub Kipa uses those G-perms with B-style turning.

For the COLL/ZBLL on the second solve, I have a strategy for getting the skip. If I see a bar on F on the same side of the cube as the matching colors on U, like you had, I do a y2 and and do the mirror. If there's no bar on F once I've done the y2, I know it's going to skip.
(I think I explained that kind of badly, I'll explain further if you need)

Do you think the carpet helped or hurt your solves (what had you been practicing on)?

I've only practiced on carpet excluding a few solves at comp. I don't think I can practice in my kitchen so I can't really use anything else. Last comp (Birmingham) was a sports hall and I did pretty badly.

Have you considered the alternate G-perms (R' U L' U2 R U' L y R L U2 R' L' and its variations)? Even though you don't use U moves, Jakub Kipa uses those G-perms with B-style turning.

I've definitely considered them, but I've never bothered learning which alg is which case, so I haven't been able to properly try them. :p

bar on F on the same side of the cube as the matching colors on U

That sounds like this, which you couldn't have a bar on, so I don't think that's what you meant.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Oooh, nice. Carpet helps so much. My last comp, the mat was sliding around everywhere on the hardwood floor for my first two solves, not to mention my feet were shaking. I ended up getting 15+ seconds worse than what I averaged.

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've only practiced on carpet excluding a few solves at comp. I don't think I can practice in my kitchen so I can't really use anything else. Last comp (Birmingham) was a sports hall and I did pretty badly.

I've definitely considered them, but I've never bothered learning which alg is which case, so I haven't been able to properly try them. :p

That sounds like this, which you couldn't have a bar on, so I don't think that's what you meant.

I meant that the bar is on F, the FU sticker and the FLU sticker (if the matching colors on top are at ULB and UFL) or the FUR sticker (if the matching colors on top are at URF and UBR).

And I actually find the G perms pretty easy to map to the cases, I just have more "block is here, do this" strategies for them that I'm obviously bad at explaining.

Oooh, nice. Carpet helps so much. My last comp, the mat was sliding around everywhere on the hardwood floor for my first two solves, not to mention my feet were shaking. I ended up getting 15+ seconds worse than what I averaged.

The mat was still moving a bit on the carpet, and my previous comp with a carpet (UKC) was a lot worse. Last time my feet were shaking a lot I accidentally hit the timer twice when starting and got a DNF...

I think hard floor may be theoretically better. Just seems like you get more proper turns, can't really describe it well.

Good luck next comp, but sup-me please :p

I meant that the bar is on F, the FU sticker and the FLU sticker (if the matching colors on top are at ULB and UFL) or the FUR sticker (if the matching colors on top are at URF and UBR).

What's the bar?

And I actually find the G perms pretty easy to map to the cases, I just have more "block is here, do this" strategies for them that I'm obviously bad at explaining.

I might have to try that, but those G perms also annoy me because I often do something like L R U2 L' R' y' R' U L' U2 R U' L instead of L R U2 L' R' y' L' U R' U2 L U' R.