• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fake YouTube Channel Links on the Forums

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Although I found it funny at the beginning, I'm seeing more and more users putting a fake YouTube channel link in their profile box on the forums, and now it's getting annoying.

Is there a way to add a filter upon inputting a channel url to know if the url users actually put a real YouTube channel link? Or are we allowed to report them to a mod so that they get notified and either remove the link or actually add (create?) a legitimate YouTube channel as the link? I don't recall this being a forum rule, but it's a form of abuse of privileges, IMO.

I am guessing there might also be an issue with other social media links as well. If this is the case, I guess this thread addresses those as well.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
If you notice people putting in fake details, just report any of their posts and note in the report comment area that they're using fake info in their profile, provide any sources you have, and the moderator team will handle it.