F2L, OLL and PLL algorithms help

Discussion in 'Cubing Help & Questions' started by jg9020, Jan 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jg9020

jg9020 Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Just wondering if you use most or even all algorithms for f2l ,Oll and Pll if you do remember all how long did it take you

2. Ickenicke

Ickenicke Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Sweden
    YouTube:
    NickeCubing
    Use the one answer question thread please!

I know full OLL and PLL, but I am using intuitive f2l

3. Sillas

Sillas Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Dourados, Brazil
    YouTube:
    Sillas Tsutsui
    I use full OLL and PLL, and intuitive F2L. I took seven months to learn all.

4. Glow

Glow Member

Jan 19, 2012
    F2L took me a couple hours. I tried learning OLL and PLL full but I gave up so im learning 2 Look OLL

5. Godmil

Godmil Premium Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    YouTube:
    Godmil
  6. antoineccantin

antoineccantin Member

Nov 8, 2010
    near Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2010CANT02
    YouTube:
    antoineccantin
    I know full PLL and use intuitive F2L (I don't know full OLL).

7. ottozing

ottozing Platinum Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    WCA:
    2012MCNE01
    YouTube:
    ottozing
    it took me 1 month to learn pll. 3 months to learn oll. and 5 months to finally understand f2l intuatively. i think it took like one week to learn good f2l algorithms for the ugly cases.

8. AndersB

AndersB Premium Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Stockholm, Sweden
    WCA:
    2011BERG02
    YouTube:
    AndCubeSession
    F2L. Took me a couple of days. 5 months later I knew full CFOP.

9. pdilla

pdilla Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Moili'ili, Hawaii
    Intuitive F2L, 2Look OLL + 20 or so OLLs, full PLL, lots of ZBLL.

10. Sahid Velji

Sahid Velji Member

Jul 5, 2009
    WCA:
    2008VELJ01
    YouTube:
    sv00013
    Okay, here's my history, 1 day for Ryan Heise's beginner method. Full CFOP now, it took me about 3 days for F2L (don't learn algorithms, learn it intuitively), 2 days for 2 look OLL and 2 look PLL. Then, 10 days for full PLL and another 25 days or so for full OLL. You can add the days up if you want but not everyone learns at the same pace. I took another month after that to get used to the method and comfortable with the algorithms that I learnt.
    After this, it's just practicing F2L and cross and of course having a good cube. When you get your algorithms, make sure you get good algorithms: OLL algorithms and PLL algorithms. Look through each one and see which one you like for a particular case. I know it seems daunting but you will thank yourself later when you have really nice LL algorithms. Look in my signature for more resources and other useful threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.