• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Evan Liu 5.33 clock average

slaz

yah i avg like 45. i dont get how you can getfast on clock. on 3x3 its lookahead, but how do you look ahead on clock?
Learn how to deal with lucky cases e.g. two clocks being the same, solve from any orientation to take advantage of those lucky cases, learn to use different types of flipping over and as for lookahead look at the next clock whilst making a turn I guess ;)

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ihonestly dont care at all... srry. but, its a wr, so, i guess...
That is completely unnecessary and really rude.
If you didn't care, why did you feel the need to tell him? You clearly cared enough to put effort into typing those words.
but you did do it, so, i guess... bj

Congratulations on getting the WR average back, Evan!

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome stuff Evan :D
Thanks!

By the way,
Fun Fact #1: Both this and the previous WR average had 5.02 as the last solve. (Not very fun fact: Wojciech and I both failed in the finals after setting the WR in the first round... at least I still won!)

Fun Fact #2: This was the second year in a row where I organized a competition in an area that hadn't had one for 9 years (Draughons 2006 ---- Music City Speedsolving 2015, UK Open 2007 ---- Birmingham Open 2016). At both of the more recent comps, a WR was broken.