• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Diy problem: Cube getting worse over time.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've noticed this with all of my diy's. They start off amazing after you set the tensions and lube, but after a month they get harder too turn... This has happened with 2 of my C4U diy's and my friends Type c. I lubed them with jig a loo. When i take it apart I see lots of white powdery streaks on the cubies. I wipe them off and it barley get's better. And solutions?

daniel0731ex

the cube always feel very good when you first lube it. after a while it slows down to a point whene no matter how you clean and lube it it's just not as good as before. this period may me very frustrating, but dont give up. just keep using them and after several weeks (it depends) when you lube it it'll become even better than the begining.