• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

McWizzle94

WCA
2008CHAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I noticed when I was cubing today that my turning speed increased a lot! I ended up with a 15.62 average of 12, a 13.69 average of 5, a 48.92 PLL time attack, and a 12.22 single (OLL skip)!!! When I got this, I was listening to As I Lay Dying, which has a fast tempo (at least the songs I was listening to). anyway, the music stopped and I didn't bother to change it. Then my average spiked up from the 15.62 to an 18.94 average. On the last solve that I did, I turned the music back on and my turning speed went fast again.

Last edited:

kratos94

Yeah ive noticed this sort of effect as well. My guess is that it would work best with fast beat rock or loud music. On a side note i also have noticed that I solve a lot faster when im sitting around in a noisy room talking with someone.

Last edited:

ccchips296

YouTube
Visit Channel
lol there have been a lot of threads about this stuff.....personally, it depends on my mood. i never listen to loud stuff though...I LUV J-POP

P

PeterV

I listen to a lot of As I Lay Dying and have noticed that the fast paced music can get you motivated to move a bit faster while cubing.

P

PeterV

McWizzle94; I just really got into a band called August Burns Red. If you like AILD, they'll be right up your alley. Great for cubing music as well.

I was also checking out your youtube page. Kutless, Red, Demon Hunter; all great bands!

McWizzle94

WCA
2008CHAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
McWizzle94; I just really got into a band called August Burns Red. If you like AILD, they'll be right up your alley. Great for cubing music as well.

I was also checking out your youtube page. Kutless, Red, Demon Hunter; all great bands!

I tried listening to August Burns Red, I just don't really like them that much. Do you know of any other songs besides Composure that are good?

P

PeterV

I tried listening to August Burns Red, I just don't really like them that much. Do you know of any other songs besides Composure that are good?

I only have the "Messenger" album (for now). I love the entire album, but some favourites are The Truth of a Liar & Redemption (and Composure, of course).

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Nice some metal, I thought I'd never find any other cuber/metal fan. Now only if I could find someone as avid of a metalhead as I. Oh another thing, get full metal albums, seriously. Metal has a consistency like no other, or at least real metal does, not that mainstream crap. If one song is good, the rest is going to be good. You may not find that all the songs are good on a freakin Trivium album, but like an All That Remains album, amazing. Take ATR as a recomendation as well by the way.=]

McWizzle94

WCA
2008CHAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Nice some metal, I thought I'd never find any other cuber/metal fan. Now only if I could find someone as avid of a metalhead as I. Oh another thing, get full metal albums, seriously. Metal has a consistency like no other, or at least real metal does, not that mainstream crap. If one song is good, the rest is going to be good. You may not find that all the songs are good on a freakin Trivium album, but like an All That Remains album, amazing. Take ATR as a recomendation as well by the way.=]

I find that to be true. I pretty much like everything from 'The Fall of Ideals'. I can't say anything about other bands because I haven't really listened to everything. anyway, have you heard of Inhale Exhale? They are a really good band. My new favorite song is "A Call to the Faithful" :cool:

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Visit Channel

I find that to be true. I pretty much like everything from 'The Fall of Ideals'. I can't say anything about other bands because I haven't really listened to everything. anyway, have you heard of Inhale Exhale? They are a really good band. My new favorite song is "A Call to the Faithful" :cool:

Yeah, but I can't say I'm a fan. Do you listen to any death metal? Or just like melodic metalcore, cuz that's what I'm seein.

shafiqdms1

WCA
2008MOHA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah ive noticed this sort of effect as well. My guess is that it would work best with fast beat rock or loud music. On a side note i also have noticed that I solve a lot faster when im sitting around in a noisy room talking with someone.

yeah me too, when I listen to loud music which has fast beats then I tend to cube faster.