[Discussion] Alternatives to F2L Pairs

Discussion in 'General Speedcubing Discussion' started by StachuK1992, Apr 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. StachuK1992

StachuK1992 statue

Jul 24, 2008
    West Chester, PA
    I don't think enough research has been done here.

This is under the assumption that the cross has been made and you want to reduce the cube to LL within 3-4 steps.

One suggestion; 2corners, 2edges, 2 corners, 2 edges.

There must be something here we've neglected, no?
    Let's expand CFOP a bit more.
  2. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Premium Member

Dec 31, 2011
    I once thought of doing the F2B like in Roux, then finish F2L by adding the DF and DB edges using M slices, then do OLL/PLL. I suppose that's effectively FreeFOP, but that could be effective for Roux users. Doing a Petrus 2x2x3, and then inserting the final cross edge and an F2L pair (X-cross style) and inserting the final F2L pair could be a liable alternative.

These are just ideas from the top of my head; I'm sure someone else can improve these/come up with better ideas.