Did you write about the Rubik's Cube in your college application?

Discussion in 'Cubing Help & Questions' started by JChandlerKim, Apr 18, 2017.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. JChandlerKim

JChandlerKim Member

Mar 14, 2017
    SoCal
    WCA:
    2017KIMJ03
    YouTube:
    mu6cube
    Inspired by the postings here on reddit. Did anybody else write about the Rubik's Cube for their college application? I'm tempted to reach out to some contacts in the publishing world about a possible compilation of essays. I will probably reach out individually to some of those who already posted, but would anyone else be interested in their essay being included in such a project?

2. 4Chan

4Chan Premium Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Lumbridge
    YouTube:
    boxxybabee
    I wrote about memory sports and how I was the first person to finish ZBLL.

I think it worked, I got into a pretty good school

3. JChandlerKim

JChandlerKim Member

Mar 14, 2017
    SoCal
    WCA:
    2017KIMJ03
    YouTube:
    mu6cube
    Thank you for replying! Would you be willing to submit this essay for consideration for such a book of college app essays about the Rubik's Cube?

4. 4Chan

4Chan Premium Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Lumbridge
    YouTube:
    boxxybabee
    Ahhh, I have no record of it.
    It was... 8 years ago, hnngfngnhg

5. JChandlerKim

JChandlerKim Member

Mar 14, 2017
    SoCal
    WCA:
    2017KIMJ03
    YouTube:
    mu6cube
    What a pity!!!

6. oneshot

oneshot Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Down the rabbit hole...
    YouTube:
    Twizzle
    A loooong time ago for one of my college essays (when I was really into juggling) I wrote a creative piece about what it was like to be a juggling ball. I also got into a good school. I think anything that's not the same thing the people read over and over is good.