• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Cyclone Boys G4 4x4

ZZTrooper

WCA
2015HOKE01
Yes, but even though they have the same name I don't think the stickerless has the same exact mechanism as the black version.
I haven't seen the mechanism of the black one up close, but the mechanism of my stickerless g4 is pretty much the exact same as my CB 5x5. The one I have is also 60 mm, so I am certain it is not the old one. It performs very well too, just like reviews suggest.

radmin

WCA
2010HARD02
After a long break from cubing I just got this cube last Friday. It's amazing. My times have dropped from 2 min down to 1:3x.
It's unbelievable how much 4x4's have improved while I was gone. The last one I used was v-cube. It locks like a mother.

When I see certain reviews saying that the aosu is better I find it hard to fathom. I need to get one just to see.

Mine popped out of the box so I got a good look at the mech. It reminded me of a cross between x-cube and shengshou.
I'd describe it as a perfect shengshou. No mod needed. similar sound, a little faster, no locking.

4x4 is fun again!

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
After a long break from cubing I just got this cube last Friday. It's amazing. My times have dropped from 2 min down to 1:3x.
It's unbelievable how much 4x4's have improved while I was gone. The last one I used was v-cube. It locks like a mother.

When I see certain reviews saying that the aosu is better I find it hard to fathom. I need to get one just to see.

Mine popped out of the box so I got a good look at the mech. It reminded me of a cross between x-cube and shengshou.
I'd describe it as a perfect shengshou. No mod needed. similar sound, a little faster, no locking.

4x4 is fun again!

I personally think this is better than the Aosu. There both pretty comparable along with the Yuxin Qilin 4x4, It just comes down to preference.

Anyway this cube is my main. It sucks out of the box but after lubing and stuff it got awesome. I Definately recommend.

radmin

WCA
2010HARD02
Well, I bought the 62 mm aosu just to see. The Cyclone Boys G4 beats it IMO. It just works well for my style. I can consistently get 1:3x now with it. Before I'd be lucky to get sub 2.

Spencer B.

So I just used tuba valve oil to lube my CB G4, since I have nothing else, and it made it horrible. how can I properly clean this so I can have it back to the way it was and maybe use some CRC in it?

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I just used tuba valve oil to lube my CB G4, since I have nothing else, and it made it horrible. how can I properly clean this so I can have it back to the way it was and maybe use some CRC in it?
That's probably a world's first! Take it apart and give it a good rub with paper towel. If that stuff is petroleum based (not silicon) you could use a damp paper towel with a touch of liquid soap to make sure you clear it all off. Then wipe it again without the soap.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04

Whatever you use should be silicon based, not just containing Silicon. I'm not familiar with CRC, but based on a quick look at the Amazon page I'm guessing it's petroleum based.

As to cleaning, yes, you will have to disassemble it, but I would recommend a Tupperware container or something similar about half full of soapy water. Put all the pieces in, seal it, and give it a pretty thorough shaking. Then carefully dump it all into a colander or strainer of some type and rinse the soap off the pieces. It's really hard to wipe out all the little corners unless you spend hours with Q-tips.