• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Any more updates?
NEW UPDATE: The competition will now be held on March 30th, 2019!

I am really sorry that I have to move the competition and I know that you were all looking forward to it, but due to some unexpected thing that have come up, I have to move the competition. I have gotten AJ (the delegate) and the venue owner to allow me to move the dates, and so it will be moved to March 30th.

I hope that you are all still looking forward to it and I am personally very excited for it, and I wish that I could host more comps for you all, but for now it is what it is. The events list, venue and all will stay the same, and the only difference is the date.

I am going to still try and get the comp listed on the WCA website before the end of this year, especially since I am not feel up to it starting in January, so hopefully that will be up then for you all with all the info. Thank you all very much for your offers with helping out at the comp, and I know for sure that I will especially be needing as much help as I can get.

I guess that the only good thing for moving the dates, is that (1) The weather might be better, and (2) You will have more time to practice the events. : )
Please let me know if you have any questions with any of this, and I look forward to seeing you all in March.

Happy Cubing,

-Tristan

Hey! I'm a friend of M1n1tutl3, and I will be attending the comp.! My mom was a runner at the last comp. I went to, and I think she would be more than willing to be one for this comp.! I'm super pumped for this, since it is my second comp, and I can update my times lol! Also would it be possible to add a round of 2x2 and or 4x4? Just wondering. One more thing: any estimate on when it will be put on the WCA? Alright that's all! Thanks!
As you can see above the date is now changed, so that may change your moms plans, but thank you very much (to your mom as well) for the offer to help staff the comp. I will be needing staff for those willing to help, so again than you for the offer.

For events, I will be leaving it as it is for the comp, especially since I wanted this comp to have some events that are not help as often in Colorado, so again I will be leaving it as it is. Hopefully the next comp I have will have those events.

And lastly, the venue is the Colorado Springs Shrine Club, located in Colorado Springs.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04

I am really sorry that I have to move the competition and I know that you were all looking forward to it, but due to some unexpected thing that have come up, I have to move the competition. I have gotten AJ (the delegate) and the venue owner to allow me to move the dates, and so it will be moved to March 30th.

I hope that you are all still looking forward to it and I am personally very excited for it, and I wish that I could host more comps for you all, but for now it is what it is. The events list, venue and all will stay the same, and the only difference is the date.

I am going to still try and get the comp listed on the WCA website before the end of this year, especially since I am not feel up to it starting in January, so hopefully that will be up then for you all with all the info. Thank you all very much for your offers with helping out at the comp, and I know for sure that I will especially be needing as much help as I can get.

I guess that the only good thing for moving the dates, is that (1) The weather might be better, and (2) You will have more time to practice the events. : )
Please let me know if you have any questions with any of this, and I look forward to seeing you all in March.

Happy Cubing,

-Tristan

As you can see above the date is now changed, so that may change your moms plans, but thank you very much (to your mom as well) for the offer to help staff the comp. I will be needing staff for those willing to help, so again than you for the offer.

For events, I will be leaving it as it is for the comp, especially since I wanted this comp to have some events that are not help as often in Colorado, so again I will be leaving it as it is. Hopefully the next comp I have will have those events.

And lastly, the venue is the Colorado Springs Shrine Club, located in Colorado Springs.

I’m glad it got moved to March, as I was concerned about weather, however my chances to go have now lowered unfortunately, as that weekend is the last weekend of D20 Spring Break. Depending on my break plans, I might or might not be able to go. Still excited though.

Edit: Cannot go anymore, will be in Arizona for family and concerts. It’s all good, I can just go to more future comps or organize my own on a later day.

Last edited:

alyzsnyzs

Happy Cubing,

-Tristan

Aw, dang it. Exactly 1 weekend after my spring break. There's a chance I may be able to go, but my original chances have lowered. Hopefully I can still make it, I really just want to get squan SR :p.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Yeah Tristan, literally no one can go now after the move. None of my club can go, Jordan can’t go, Pretty sure Dylan and Holden can’t go.

My advice would be to move it to early April or move it back to mid March. Really hoping we can have big comps, not small comps.

Sorry if I sound rude, just a bit stressed today.
First off, I am NOT and CAN NOT re-move the comp date. I am more sorry then you know that I had to move the date as it is, but since I will not be around in February at all I had to move the date, and the only date that the venue had still available was March 30th, and everything else is already booked January-August. As you and Jorden and many others know, I have since May 2018 (this past summer) been planning the Feb comp, and I had everything still ready for that, but do to unfortunate circumstances I had to move the date.

For what it is worth to you and others, I do in any way sincerely apologize to you and any others that cannot make the comp, and I am very sorry that I had to move it. It was in no way my choice, and I was really looking forward to the comp and being able to see you all/compete with you all again...even if I am not able to compete much, or at all.

Secondly, "Literally" is a pretty strong word to use since you only named a few individuals that cannot make the comp (excluding your club, since I do not know how many there are in there). As you may already know, Colorado has been growing pretty big in the cubing world and I am pretty sure that there will be at least 75+ cubers that will be able to make the comp, and that is still a really good amount (especially since I will be having a 90 competitor limit).
But even if for some reason only 70 or less people compete I will still be happy that I was able to have the competition at all, even if some of my friends cannot come. I have been trying to gt more comps organized, and I was hoping to have one this past fall but that did not work out due to various reasons.

Thirdly, I was just last week talking to a competitor (Logan D. R) who is trying and really hoping to have a comp in January/February, and the only thing holding him back at the moment is that he is waiting to hear back from AJ, which I even sent him a quick message as well letting him know that Logan is trying to get in contact with him (and I did that because Logan asked me to). I have been trying to help Logan out a much as I can and I will be able to try and help out where I can and how I am feeling at that time, but since at the moment I cannot help Logan, I am hoping that he and AJ can get in touch with each other and be able to have a Jan/Feb comp for you all, and I will try to push for that as much as I can even if I cannot attend.

I hope that this all make sense to you, and I do again apoligize in all ways that I had to move the comp, but hopfully next year I can host 2-4 and do it at times that work for you.

-Tristan

Last edited:

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
First off, I am NOT and CAN NOT re-move the comp date. I am more sorry then you know that I had to move the date as it is, but since I will not be around in February at all I had to move the date, and the only date that the venue had still available was March 30th, and everything else is already booked January-August. As you and Jorden and many others know, I have since May 2018 (this past summer) been planning the Feb comp, and I had everything still ready for that, but do to unfortunate circumstances I had to move the date.

For what it is worth to you and others, I do in any way sincerely apologize to you and any others that cannot make the comp, and I am very sorry that I had to move it. It was in no way my choice, and I was really looking forward to the comp and being able to see you all/compete with you all again...even if I am not able to compete much, or at all.

Secondly, "Literally" is a pretty strong word to use since you only named a few individuals that cannot make the comp (excluding your club, since I do not know how many there are in there). As you may already know, Colorado has been growing pretty big in the cubing world and I am pretty sure that there will be at least 75+ cubers that will be able to make the comp, and that is still a really good amount (especially since I will be having a 90 competitor limit).
But even if for some reason only 70 or less people compete I will still be happy that I was able to have the competition at all, even if some of my friends cannot come. I have been trying to gt more comps organized, and I was hoping to have one this past fall but that did not work out due to various reasons.

Thirdly, I was just last week talking to a competitor (Logan D. R) who is trying and really hoping to have a comp in January/February, and the only thing holding him back at the moment is that he is waiting to hear back from AJ, which I even sent him a quick message as well letting him know that Logan is trying to get in contact with him (and I did that because Logan asked me to). I have been trying to help Logan out a much as I can and I will be able to try and help out where I can and how I am feeling at that time, but since at the moment I cannot help Logan, I am hoping that he and AJ can get in touch with each other and be able to have a Jan/Feb comp for you all, and I will try to push for that as much as I can even if I cannot attend.

I hope thatr thia all make sense to you, and I do again apoligize in all ways that I had to move the comp, but hopfully next year I can host 2-4 and do it at times that work for you.

-Tristan

Hey mate, first of all I’d like to apologize for my choice of words. Like I said, I am very stressed with academics and finals coming up.

Second of all, I am glad that there are more competitions being organized in Colorado and more plans to organize competitions in Colorado. Hopefully that competition that’s being in the works does not fall through and I can go to it either before my dad deploys or shortly after my dad deploys.

Third of all, For future reference, I advise before rescheduling competitions to look at nearby school districts in their schedules to see if there any holiday breaks or anything that interferes, because most of the time younger cubers like to go on trips out of state during these breaks.

To clarify this is just a friendly advice I’m not criticizing you in anyway, you are still my friend and I respect all your decisions that you’ve made.

Thank you for responding. It sucks that I can’t be there to help out but I hope that everything works out.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
I’m excited to announce that I am in early stages of organizing (Aka I just sent the email to the delegate of my intentions haha)

If this works out, there should be another Colorado Springs comp. Stay tuned for updates

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I have established contact with AJ and am making good progress, in fact, I have a venue request filled and I just need AJ to approve the details!

June 22 will be the date most likely, stay tuned!
Sounds great and I am really looking forward to it!!! Which venue are you going to be using? Also, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out in any way.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Sounds great and I am really looking forward to it!!! Which venue are you going to be using? Also, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out in any way.

I will be using Discovery Canyon Campus High school. They have a nice common area. The venue is free too since this is technically a club organized event. However, the left side of the venue does have bad lighting (too much light) so we plan on having our solving stations in the back of the commons away from the windows.

We will most likely need volunteers throughout the day that would be awesome!

alyzsnyzs

I will be using Discovery Canyon Campus High school. They have a nice common area. The venue is free too since this is technically a club organized event. However, the left side of the venue does have bad lighting (too much light) so we plan on having our solving stations in the back of the commons away from the windows.

We will most likely need volunteers throughout the day that would be awesome!
I'm going to have to check schedule stuff, but I believe that I may be able to make this comp. If I can, then count on me as being a volunteer.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
I'm going to have to check schedule stuff, but I believe that I may be able to make this comp. If I can, then count on me as being a volunteer.

Awesome, we will need help judging throughout the day so that would be awesome. I think I have trustworthy people locked down for scrambling. Except for the afternoon.

Waiting for the go from AJ to submit the venue reservation and then we will be changing some events and schedule most likely.

Also, I was originally going use cafeteria tables for the solving stations, but due to space concerns (there are some pillars) I will be using 8 desks instead for solving stations, like Jordan will do for his competition.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Jordan’s 2 day competition (second Colorado Qualifier or Colorado Championships) is very close to announcement, will be May 25-26 in Louisville, CO, with all 18 events!

Edit: clarifying this is unannounced but confirmed

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Jordan’s 2 day competition (second Colorado Qualifier or Colorado Championships) is very close to announcement, will be May 25-26 in Louisville, CO, with all 18 events!

Edit: clarifying this is unannounced but confirmed
I am so looking forward to it, and can not wait, especially saince it will be my first time competing in FMC, as well as give me another chance to compete in all the BLD events, and!!! Thank you for the update @weatherman223.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
I am so looking forward to it, and can not wait, especially saince it will be my first time competing in FMC, as well as give me another chance to compete in all the BLD events, and!!! Thank you for the update @weatherman223.

Anytime!

I’ll 100 percent be there, as I just got my dog a kennel reservation for that weekend. Will likely staff as Jordan wants me to scramble and judge big blinds and other events.

Can’t wait for May already haha

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes! Im so happy that there will be another competition with all of the events. I went to the Colorado Qualifier last year, and decided against going to the Pueblo open. I am going to the one in march, but the more the better.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Tristan, I am going to the springs competition in March, and my mom wants to be a runner. Do we have to apply for that or can she just volunteer on the spot?

I’m not going but I know this for sure.

Usually Tristan has his siblings help out with running. It might be better for your mom to judge as that’s the hardest volunteer spot to fill.