• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
So after now being in touch with AJ and after talking to him about the competition that I would like to host, here is a update of what is going on with it and what not. Also, I will be holding off on the PBQ competition (please see below for events).

For the date of the competition, it will be sometime in February 2019. I am looking at around the 16th, but I am not positive on that at the moment.

For events, I will most likely be doing odder/less common events for the most part as those events will be; Pyraminx, Skewb, Square 1, Megaminx, Clock, 3x3 BLD and/or 4x4 BLD, and lastly 2 round or so of 3x3, (which is very common, but I thought that since that is the event that most everyone knows, I will have it as well, so avoid a revolution:D).

I will be working on a schedule and everything else for the competition soon (I will start on it now, but until the end of this weekend I will be really busy, and I will not have as much time for that until the start of next week.

The competition will be held in Colorado Springs, and most likely at the same venue that I had my last competition.

More details will be announced once I have them, but for now that is all, and I thought that I should give a update on it all.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
So here is a quick update for the competition that I am planning/starting to put together.

I just signed the paperwork for the venue the other day (the date for the competition is Feburary 16th, 2019). So the venue is booked, which I am really happy about, especially since there will most likely be lunch sold at the venue that the shrine lady's will be putting together, (more info to come soon on that).

I have almost the whole schedule put together, I am just waiting to hear back from AJ on a question that I have about it, but after I hear back I will have that done.

Once the schedule and event list is finalized, I am hoping to be able to post the competition on the WCA website (hopefully no later then the end of September).

There will most likely be apparel for sale, which I am really exited about, and I will have all the info on that, on the competition website once that is up.

The event list will be as I said in my last post, and those events are (3x3, Pyraminx, Skewb, Square 1, Clock, Megaminx, 3x3 BLD, and 4x4 BLD.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hey @cubeshepherd ,

I’ll be available that weekend, if you need help organizing it I’m more than happy to pitch in!
Thank you very much for the offer @weatherman223. At the moment, the only time that I know I will need some help is on the day of the competition with judging/running/data entry, but I will have more info on that once I announce the competition on the WCA website. Thanks again.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hey, I am just getting back into cubing. I took a break, and I need some inspiration to start cubing again. What do you need for staffing the comp?
It is nice to hear that you are getting back in to cubing, and thank you for offering to help with staffing. For the February comp I will be needing some help with staffing, but more info on that will be announced once I have the website up. I am hoping to have the webiste posted before the end of this month, but depending on how things go with me getting the template for the website and want not it may end up being up something in November. I will of course post more info on that here as I get it.

For everyone,
I unfortunately will have to put the December PBQ comp on hold for now seeing as the delegate will not be available to delegate and comps between now, though December : ( I thought about seeing if an out of state delegate wold be interested in coming to Colorado to delegate a competition or two, but during the Winter the weather can make that hard for traveling, so I will most likely have to wait until next year for any competitions. I do still really want to host a PBQ comp in Colorado (especially since I do not think that Colorado has ever had one), and I also will really try and see if next year I can get a delegate to help with having Colorado participate in the FMC Americas, since it have been a few years that Colorado has done it, and I know that there is some interest in that.

That is all that I have at the moment for Colorado comps, and that I do not think that there will be any more Colorado comps this year, but I will try next year to see if we can have more, even if that means getting a out of state delegate for a couple of comps.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
It is nice to hear that you are getting back in to cubing, and thank you for offering to help with staffing. For the February comp I will be needing some help with staffing, but more info on that will be announced once I have the website up. I am hoping to have the webiste posted before the end of this month, but depending on how things go with me getting the template for the website and want not it may end up being up something in November. I will of course post more info on that here as I get it.

For everyone,
I unfortunately will have to put the December PBQ comp on hold for now seeing as the delegate will not be available to delegate and comps between now, though December : ( I thought about seeing if an out of state delegate wold be interested in coming to Colorado to delegate a competition or two, but during the Winter the weather can make that hard for traveling, so I will most likely have to wait until next year for any competitions. I do still really want to host a PBQ comp in Colorado (especially since I do not think that Colorado has ever had one), and I also will really try and see if next year I can get a delegate to help with having Colorado participate in the FMC Americas, since it have been a few years that Colorado has done it, and I know that there is some interest in that.

That is all that I have at the moment for Colorado comps, and that I do not think that there will be any more Colorado comps this year, but I will try next year to see if we can have more, even if that means getting a out of state delegate for a couple of comps.
Most delegates say if you’re able to pay for his airfare they can come down.

Sucks about the PBQ comp, but kinda good too, I’ve put blind attempts to the side to focus on 3x3.

Pumped for the Feb comp, I can 100 percent go as it’s in town. My mom wants me to go to comps in town while my dad is deployed cause of the community.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Most delegates say if you’re able to pay for his airfare they can come down.

Sucks about the PBQ comp, but kinda good too, I’ve put blind attempts to the side to focus on 3x3.

Pumped for the Feb comp, I can 100 percent go as it’s in town. My mom wants me to go to comps in town while my dad is deployed cause of the community.
I have looked into flying a delegate out for the PBQ comp, but since it will be a small comp, I am not positive what the final cost will be for everything (as in venue, airfare, etc) I decided that I would have to hold off on the comp.

Glad to hear that you are looking forward to the comp as well. What event are you looking forward to the most?

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
I have looked into flying a delegate out for the PBQ comp, but since it will be a small comp, I am not positive what the final cost will be for everything (as in venue, airfare, etc) I decided that I would have to hold off on the comp.

Glad to hear that you are looking forward to the comp as well. What event are you looking forward to the most?

Hmm, I’d have to say Pyraminx most likely. I’m going to try to focus on practicing that more than Skewb as it became so competitive, and I achieved my goal of my first win. However I’m still decently good at it so I could do well at it as well. I’m pumped for 3x3 as well.

In summary: Everything lol

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hmm, I’d have to say Pyraminx most likely. I’m going to try to focus on practicing that more than Skewb as it became so competitive, and I achieved my goal of my first win. However I’m still decently good at it so I could do well at it as well. I’m pumped for 3x3 as well.

In summary: Everything lol
Well, it looks like Pyra will be a little more competitive at the February comp, with you now practicing it as well ; ) Best of luck with practicing Pyra. What method are you using? and what are you thinking/hoping to get in Pyra at the comp?

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Well, it looks like Pyra will be a little more competitive at the February comp, with you now practicing it as well ; ) Best of luck with practicing Pyra. What method are you using? and what are you thinking/hoping to get in Pyra at the comp?
Im currently using LBL, bit i'm working on one looking V in inspection, and I'm looking into learning intuitive L4E. I currently average around 8, and hope to be sub 5 by february, which is a good goal.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Im currently using LBL, bit i'm working on one looking V in inspection, and I'm looking into learning intuitive L4E. I currently average around 8, and hope to be sub 5 by february, which is a good goal.
Cool, and good luck with getting sub 5, which I am sure you can get before the comp. Have you tried any Top first methods? I would recommend that you try some out like, OKA, 1-Flip etc. and I say that because that is what I use, and I personally like it better then L4E. Plus with some practice both methods are just as fast... at least I think so from what I have seen.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Any updates Tristan? Schedule events rounds?
There is not to much new info at the moment, and I am waiting to hear back from AJ about the schedule and getting the comp listed on the WCA website, so once I hear back from him I should have more info. But with that being said, here is a pretty solid schedule and events.

8:00am - 9:30am - 3x3/4x4 BLD
9:30am - 9:45am - Registration/competitor tutorial
9:45am - 10:30am - Square 1 combined first
10:30am - 11:15am - Pyraminx R1
11:15am - 12:00pm - Clock Combined Finals
12:00am - 12:45pm - Lunch
12:45pm - 1:45pm - 3x3 R1
1:45pm - 2:30pm - Skewb R1
2:30pm - 3:30pm - Megaminx combined Finals
3:30pm - 4:00pm - Pyraminx R2
4:00pm - 4:15pm - Skewb R2
4:15pm - 4:45pm - 3x3 R2
4:45pm - 5:00pm - Square 1 Finals
5:00pm - 5:15pm - Skewb Finals
5:15pm - 5:30pm - Pyraminx Finals
5:30pm - 5:45pm - 3x3 Finals
5:45pm - 6:30pm - Awards/Clean up

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help answer, and again once I have the website up it will have more info for the comp day itself.

alyzsnyzs

@cubeshepherd From all the information I've seen about this comp so far, I'm starting to get real pumped up. If there's anything I can do to help get this thing fully organized and up on the website, just let me know.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
@cubeshepherd From all the information I've seen about this comp so far, I'm starting to get real pumped up. If there's anything I can do to help get this thing fully organized and up on the website, just let me know.
First off, Do you live in Colorado? and if so how did I not know that : )

Secondly, Thank you very much for the offer to help. At the moment there is nothing that anyone can do for the comp, and I just sent AJ a follow up email a few minutes ago seeing if I/we can get the competition posted on the WCA website within the next couple of weeks, so once I hear back from him and get the template and fill everything out, then it should be posted on the WCA website, and again, I am hoping to have it up before the end of November, but I will have wait and see about that.

Other then that, the only help that I will be needing is on the day of the comp with staffing, especailly with judging since I will be having more tables/timers then I did last year, and judges will be all te more important for the comp. But after I have staff for the comp (or at least some volunteers that are interested in judging.running/scrambling) there is nothing else that I can think of at the moment, but should I think of something I will be sure to post it here. Thank you again for you offer to help.

alyzsnyzs

First off, Do you live in Colorado? and if so how did I not know that : )

Secondly, Thank you very much for the offer to help. At the moment there is nothing that anyone can do for the comp, and I just sent AJ a follow up email a few minutes ago seeing if I/we can get the competition posted on the WCA website within the next couple of weeks, so once I hear back from him and get the template and fill everything out, then it should be posted on the WCA website, and again, I am hoping to have it up before the end of November, but I will have wait and see about that.

Other then that, the only help that I will be needing is on the day of the comp with staffing, especailly with judging since I will be having more tables/timers then I did last year, and judges will be all te more important for the comp. But after I have staff for the comp (or at least some volunteers that are interested in judging.running/scrambling) there is nothing else that I can think of at the moment, but should I think of something I will be sure to post it here. Thank you again for you offer to help.
I'd most definitely be interested in staffing for the comp. Anything I can do to get this comp running smoothly, I will. Anything to just update my times on my profile, those are disgusting :). And yes, I am from Colorado.

PGCuber

Hey! I'm a friend of M1n1tutl3, and I will be attending the comp.! My mom was a runner at the last comp. I went to, and I think she would be more than willing to be one for this comp.! I'm super pumped for this, since it is my second comp, and I can update my times lol! Also would it be possible to add a round of 2x2 and or 4x4? Just wondering. One more thing: any estimate on when it will be put on the WCA? Alright that's all! Thanks!