• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing in Colorado

WCA
2016STEE01
Tristan, I am going to the springs competition in March, and my mom wants to be a runner. Do we have to apply for that or can she just volunteer on the spot?
Hey @PingPongCuber, well it looks like @weatherman223 got to you before me (thank you for that @weatherman223) and he is right in that I will be needing judges over runners for the March competition, and although it is not because I asked my siblings to do the running, but since I am dragging them to the competition to help, some of them like running better and I let them pick that:), but we will for sure be needing plenty of judges for the day, and my thought for that is instead of creating a staff list, I will just be asking on the day of the competition for help from all as it is needed, since last time I had a staff list not everyone stuck with there duty's and therefore I will be having this competition on completely volunteer bases (especially since the competition I was just at in Ohio was all volunteer based for the day and that seemed to work really well).

In regards to Colorado having more comps/people getting to compete more regularly, I say that we should all move to/near the Ohio area for more comps, since I will be going to more comps in less then a month here then I have within 6 months in Colorado LOL!!:p

In all seriousness though I am really hoping to personally host 2 more comps in Colorado this year after the March comp, and I have ideas for both of them (one being a PBQ and the other being something else...), especially since I have a large waiting list going for the March competition, and I am really seeing now how much cubing is growing, so therefore I really want to have more Colorado comps. That is also assuming that I can get a delegate for each comp, and since that has been a bit hard at times, I am not sure how that will work out, but hopefully by then (that is with in the next 4 months) we can get/have more then one Colorado delegate.

But if I can have another comp or two as well as @weatherman223 having his and Jorden's in May, then hopefully that will do for this year, although I will still really try to do more then that in any way I can, if I can.

WCA
2017MILL04
Hey @PingPongCuber, well it looks like @weatherman223 got to you before me (thank you for that @weatherman223) and he is right in that I will be needing judges over runners for the March competition, and although it is not because I asked my siblings to do the running, but since I am dragging them to the competition to help, some of them like running better and I let them pick that:), but we will for sure be needing plenty of judges for the day, and my thought for that is instead of creating a staff list, I will just be asking on the day of the competition for help from all as it is needed, since last time I had a staff list not everyone stuck with there duty's and therefore I will be having this competition on completely volunteer bases (especially since the competition I was just at in Ohio was all volunteer based for the day and that seemed to work really well).

In regards to Colorado having more comps/people getting to compete more regularly, I say that we should all move to/near the Ohio area for more comps, since I will be going to more comps in less then a month here then I have within 6 months in Colorado LOL!!:p

In all seriousness though I am really hoping to personally host 2 more comps in Colorado this year after the March comp, and I have ideas for both of them (one being a PBQ and the other being something else...), especially since I have a large waiting list going for the March competition, and I am really seeing now how much cubing is growing, so therefore I really want to have more Colorado comps. That is also assuming that I can get a delegate for each comp, and since that has been a bit hard at times, I am not sure how that will work out, but hopefully by then (that is with in the next 4 months) we can get/have more then one Colorado delegate.

But if I can have another comp or two as well as @weatherman223 having his and Jorden's in May, then hopefully that will do for this year, although I will still really try to do more then that in any way I can, if I can.
I was actually going to try a PBQ competition as well, but honestly, you’re a better organizer, haha!

I have a picture of a potential venue for the comp, however I cannot get it to load. To describe it, it’s a fairly large lecture hall.

As well, Tristan, have you been able to contact AJ lately? He hasn’t responded to me in over a week. If so can you tell him to check his WCA email?

(Also, at the top of your waiting list is probably a friend Logan, he didn’t realize that you had to pay for these competitions so he didn’t pay his fee in time, haha, and Edit: He will be coming as a spectator and will help volunteer by judging)

Last edited:
WCA
2016STEE01
I was actually going to try a PBQ competition as well, but honestly, you’re a better organizer, haha!

I have a picture of a potential venue for the comp, however I cannot get it to load. To describe it, it’s a fairly large lecture hall.
That is great, and I think that eventually if we could have 2 PBQ comps in Colorado in one year would be cool. Are you planning on one still or not?

As well, Tristan, have you been able to contact AJ lately? He hasn’t responded to me in over a week. If so can you tell him to check his WCA email?
I will drop him a quick message soon (or maybe tomorrow morning). Sorry to hear about the slow/no response.

(Also, at the top of your waiting list is probably a friend Logan, he didn’t realize that you had to pay for these competitions so he didn’t pay his fee in time, haha)
So he (Logan) is on the waiting list, and if he were to pay soon he will be placed 14th on the list since it is arranged in the order of who paid first, and since we have reached the competitor limit (two weeks ago) I have 24 people on the waiting list (but only 14 that have paid).

WCA
2017MILL04
That is great, and I think that eventually if we could have 2 PBQ comps in Colorado in one year would be cool. Are you planning on one still or not?

I will drop him a quick message soon (or maybe tomorrow morning). Sorry to hear about the slow/no response.

So he (Logan) is on the waiting list, and if he were to pay soon he will be placed 14th on the list since it is arranged in the order of who paid first, and since we have reached the competitor limit (two weeks ago) I have 24 people on the waiting list (but only 14 that have paid).
If Pikes Peak 2019 works out, yes, in late August is when I plan on it.

We could also try to collaborate on this competition as well, and possibly other competitions in the future!

I told my friend about it, he is a bit disappointed, but Is still excited to possibly spectate!

Thank you for sending him a message!