Cubing FML

Discussion in 'General Speedcubing Discussion' started by King Koopa, Apr 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. King Koopa

King Koopa Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    WCA:
    2007ALIW01
    YouTube:
    KingKoopa015
    I thought this would be a good thread to do, because only a fellow cuber could understand another cubers pain when doing cube related things...

2. miniGOINGS

miniGOINGS Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Winnipeg
    WCA:
    2010GOIN01
    have you ever made up an algorithm (or something that effects a part of the cube in a certain way) to realized that it could be usful just to forget what it was?

3. maxcube

maxcube Member

Dec 12, 2008
    WCA:
    2008LAND01
    YouTube:
    maxcube1
    Dropping your cube in the toilet...

(Did not happen to me, but still...)

4. Sa967St

Sa967St Moderator Staff Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    WCA:
    2007STRO01
    YouTube:
    Sa967St
    *facepalm* you guys don't read FML do you? :p

the format goes something like this:
    "Today I..... . FML."

5. mcciff2112

mcciff2112 Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    WCA:
    2009MCCA01
    On pace of a PB solve and....*POP*....cube explodes into 15 pieces. fml.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  6. Robert-Y

Robert-Y Super Moderator Staff Member

Jan 21, 2009
    England
    WCA:
    2009YAUR01
    YouTube:
    Robert271291
    Ok erm yesterday, comp 4x4x4: PLL at 26 secs, realised I had a PLL parity, gave up after screwing up the PLL parity. Fudge my life.

7. *LukeMayn*

*LukeMayn* Member

Apr 11, 2008
    New Zealand, Auckland
    WCA:
    2009MAYN01
    YouTube:
    ThatKidFluke
    If only that comp stood for competition :p
    I pop a type a 3x3x3 in the toilet. I was it throughly with soap after :/
    fizzle my life... All that soap wasted... Who cares about the cube ;)

8. Tetris Cube

Tetris Cube Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Here's an FML done properly:

Today, I was in an intense cubing session, and nothing could stop or distract me from it. I was getting some texts, but I ignored them all. I got a lot of new PB singles and averages, and was so proud. I check my phone, and it was my GF telling me it's over. FML.

Totally not true, but FML-esque. :D

9. Sa967St

Mar 11, 2008
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    WCA:
    2007STRO01
    YouTube:
    Sa967St
    Today, I was doing some 3x3x3 solves on hi-games. One scramble came up with an easy x-cross. The solve was going pretty well, and I was reached the OLL before 8 seconds. I was halfway through the OLL alg when I heard glass shatter. It surprised me, so my hands slipped and I messed up the rest of the OLL. I undid the mistake I made, and finished the OLL alg. I had a PLL skip...and the OLL was just an antisune. FML.

EminentCuber likes this.
  10. What was the glass? That sucks, Sarah...X-cross + antisune + PLL skip....

11. JL58

JL58 Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I'm cubing on a plane. My daughter wants to go to the restroom. Leave my (best) cube on my seat. Take her to the back of the plane. Come back. My cube is gone. I search everywhere. MY CUBE IS GONE!!! Who in the world would steal a cube in a plane???

Feed my lice.

12. jcuber

jcuber Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Behind you.
    WCA:
    2009LEVI01
    YouTube:
    jado1234567
    Did you check/ask the people sitting next to you? I'd beat them until they told me where it was. :p

13. Sa967St

Mar 11, 2008
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    WCA:
    2007STRO01
    YouTube:
    Sa967St
    I made part of it up, but I did have a solve with an x-cross and another easy OLL which I messes up on :p

14. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

I keep seeing algs everywhere. Like FML.

15. shelley

shelley chang

Apr 23, 2006
    WCA:
    2004CHAN04
    Today during one of my solves, I accidentally did two F2L pairs completely wrong. As soon as I finished that, my last layer was solved. I wasted a LL skip on a non-solve. FML.

(Actually not so much an FML as it was just an unconventional solution. I ended up doing (R2 U2)*3, then an F perm on my white face. How many solves do you end up doing your PLL on the face you started your cross on?)

16. holypasta

holypasta Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Anaheim, CA
    similar to the above FML:
    i got a new PB on a solve. as soon as i finished celebrating, i realized that two of the F2L pairs were switched. FML.

yeah, i exaggerated that a lot. i didn't finish the entire solve before noticing, nor did i get a PB. however, i did have an extremely fast F2L before realizing that it was messed up.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  17. James Kobel

James Kobel Member

Dec 13, 2008
    :noitacoL
    WCA:
    2008Kobe01
    YouTube:
    immelol4
    FLGL. ...........................

18. JL58

JL58 Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I can't beat anyone in front of my daughter... Not what I want her to see as a role model.
    It was 4 months ago. I am still mad about it. Maybe someone was tired to see me cubing and decided to stop me. That's why I got my second best cube out and did it without stopping until we landed.

19. Faz

Faz Former Clock NR Holder

Apr 24, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    WCA:
    2009ZEMD01
    YouTube:
    fazrulz1
    I was doing a solve, really fast F2l, OLL was double wide antisune, got to a clockwise U perm at about 6.5-7 seconds, and I started the PLL, looked up at the timer, and I was like whoa! sub 9 NL! On the last 3 turns, it locked up, resulting in a 10.52.

FML

20. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

Feb 21, 2008
    WCA:
    2008ORTE02
    YouTube:
    TheJoker71
    me... it is just a regular solve... on a competition... this event that i will never forget... as i average 3sec on PLL... but on one of my solve RCPO2k8 here in my country...

i finished up to OLL just 17sec... then there is an N-Perm... but BOOM... i don't know N-Perm... so to not destroy the solve... i just start doing N-Perm as if i'm doing it the first time...

it took me 10.23 secs to solve an N-Perm... yeah... FML... great... so it ended 27.xx secs... what a life...

heheheheheh... :D:D:D:D