Cubing Competition

Discussion in 'Official WCA Competitions' started by SkilfulPenguin, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. SkilfulPenguin

SkilfulPenguin Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    YouTube:
    SkilfulPenguin
    Hello, everyone This is my first post here, so forgive me if I posted it in the wrong spot. I am well aware the World Cube Association arranges the cubing competitions, but is there any way to persuade the location? I would love to go to a competition and a few of my friends would too. However the closest competition we have ever seen is Atlanta, Georgia. We were hoping for Central - Southern Florida. Most of us don't have access to plane tickets just to cube. If anyone knows if there is going to be a competition in Florida or likes the idea. Let Me Know. and if you live in the Southern Florida area let me know we have local competitions, (like 20 people nothing major) but its fun.

Thanks

SkilfulPenguin:)

2. mcciff2112

mcciff2112 Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    WCA:
    2009MCCA01
    You can organize a competition yourself if you really want to, meaning YOU get to pick the location. All you need is to get it approved by the WCA and make sure a delegate is in attendance. There may be more to it, but I'm not really an expert in that field.

3. Bryan

Bryan Premium Member

Oct 20, 2007
    Rochester, MN
    WCA:
    2007LOGA01
  4. StachuK1992

StachuK1992 statue

Jul 24, 2008
    West Chester, PA
    WCA:
    2008KORI02
    YouTube:
    StachuK1992
    If you want to organize a competition, compete first, or you'll have no idea what's happening. That's foremost.

To organize my competition, I had to print about 50+ pages, spend a few hours filling them in, get food(breakfast and lunch), work with money, and slap some people for not knowing the rules. Might sound easy, but trust me, a lot of it is dull, tedious work.

5. endless_akatsuki

endless_akatsuki Member

Oct 7, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    YouTube:
    blackened0corruption
    Well, I don't know, I don't consider slapping people dull or tedious. Maybe I'll try organizing. Unfortunately, I've never gone to a competition, and I don't know if there will every be one close to St. Louis again after MO open.

6. StachuK1992

StachuK1992 statue

Jul 24, 2008
    West Chester, PA
    WCA:
    2008KORI02
    YouTube:
    StachuK1992
    No. Go to a competition before you organize one.

7. SkilfulPenguin

SkilfulPenguin Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    YouTube:
    SkilfulPenguin
    Thanks for the speedy responses, that website gives some good insight, I don't feel I'm in the right position to organize a competition just yet. However I'd love to attend one do you any of you know of one happening in Central - Southern Florida? Southern preferibably

8. kennytheman

kennytheman Member

Jun 18, 2009
    hey im in south florida to so if u know of any let me now im in coral springs so yeah i been looking for cubes but none here let me know

9. MuddyFingers12

MuddyFingers12 Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Hello, i'm new, but are an experienced cuber. I do live in florida, ocala, and it seems that maybe with some hard work and timming we could make a compitition here!

10. TheZenith27

TheZenith27 Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Lake Forest, CA
    YouTube:
    TheZenith724
  11. Noahaha

Noahaha blindmod

Dec 19, 2011
    CT
    WCA:
    2012ARTH01
    YouTube:
    NoahCubes
    Not even close...

Also, I know this isn't what you intended, but it's better not to make people feel bad about bumping, when it really is the right procedure a lot of the time.