• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubicle Labs Premium Cubes

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I've actually prepared ferrofluid in college, so I know about this!

Here are a few issues:
1. Some ferrofluids are extremely caustic, this is because of tetramethyl ammonium, and they will burn your entire nasal tract down to your throat if you sniff it. I made the huge mistake of sniffing it once...
2. The rockwell hardness of the iron particles is much greater than the plastic, and it'll wear away at the plastic. This might help to break it in though, especially at such a small particle size, hmmm... maybe good!
3. Over time, ferrofluid dies, and dries up into metal particles and gunk.

It's an interesting concept, lubes that slow down or speed up in the presence of magnetic force, interesting thought!

Bummer! Ah well, it's a cool thought if it would work. Maybe someday of you figure out an alternate method of doing it and want to credit me with the idea that made you a billionaire you can send me a bottle to test :).

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did a bad... My Valk M did the thing where a pair of magnets in an edge piece came loose. I tried to super glue the magnets back, which I've done successfully a couple times now, but it glued it's self in the wrong place. I don't THINK it should be a big deal as it should never be in contact with where another magnet is. Is there a good way to remove it? As soon as I realized that I'd messed up i tried to dislodge it with a toothpick, but no cigar.

It seems okayish.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is Big Maru Lube DNM-37 Better for value?

Hmmmm, the Big Maru Lube is BIG, so it'll lube more puzzles.

GTS 2M WHEN???????

Please just take my money

This week! We are just waiting on MoYu for more supplies

I did a bad... My Valk M did the thing where a pair of magnets in an edge piece came loose. I tried to super glue the magnets back, which I've done successfully a couple times now, but it glued it's self in the wrong place. I don't THINK it should be a big deal as it should never be in contact with where another magnet is. Is there a good way to remove it? As soon as I realized that I'd messed up i tried to dislodge it with a toothpick, but no cigar.

It seems okayish.

If you give us your order number, I can send you a replacement!

Meow

WCA
2015SANC11
We have another big surprise too ;)
If you have the budget, wait a little while until the end of the week, there will be a surprise extra option.
Will do! Can't wait to find out what it is
E: some guesses -
boron gts2m
another magnetic cube
one of your secret projects

Last edited:

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
The only simpler thing I can think of would be something with stickers. Or force cubes? Simple, but "if you have the budget" . . . Must be something at least somewhat expensive. First mentioned with a reference to products from Moyu . . Maybe a new puzzle? That doesn't quite fit.