• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubetastic Web Timer - with TNoodle scrambles!

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
@hdertgaming that certainly means that you're on an older version - though this particular patch doesn't show on the version number. Just clear this website's cache (no need to bother any other site's cache), and it should work. As you're using a chromium based browser, clearing the cache should be as easy as going to "Application" and then "Clear Storage", and then clicking "Clear site data".
1547607123136.png
Make sure you've unchecked "Local and session storage" and "IndexedDB".

hdertgaming

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the help it has seemed to update as I can now login.
After looking at my profile page I tried editing my bio. After clicking on it, it didn't work. I clicked on a few other things and got this error
Screenshot from 2019-01-16 19-01-39.png
I also decided to change my profile picture. I changed it to a non-square aspect ratio image and it squeezed the image into a square shape.
Although with a bit of cropping to a square aspect ratio on the users part this can be avoided, but it takes more time.
I also managed to make my profile picture a text file.
Screenshot from 2019-01-16 19-06-11.png
Right-clicking the picture than selecting the "open image in new tab" option will open this file in your default browser :)

Edit:

Also found this after failing my first saved solve and marking it as dnf
Screenshot from 2019-01-16 19-47-06.pngScreenshot from 2019-01-16 19-47-12.pngScreenshot from 2019-01-16 19-49-36.png

Edit-2:
I also found this error
Screenshot from 2019-01-16 20-23-26.png
and this might be relevant
Screenshot from 2019-01-16 20-23-49.png
I'm pretty sure time number 10 is supposed to be 2:12.51 more materials
Screenshot from 2019-01-18 18-11-27.png
Note: it only seems to happen when using an account it appears that there's a long delay before the time appears each time this happens

Edit-3:
When clicking on an element (like the refresh button for the scrambles) the focus stays on that element so that when you press the space bar it toggles that element (Eg. refreshing the scramble) instead of starting the timer. A workaround is just to click on the root window, the same applies to the settings button.

Edit-4:

Check Edit-2 for more materials

Edit-5:

Can you add a transparency slider to the colour selection menu

Thanks again, -Justin

Last edited:

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the help it has seemed to update as I can now login.
After looking at my profile page I tried editing my bio. After clicking on it, it didn't work. I clicked on a few other things and got this error I also decided to change my profile picture. I changed it to a non-square aspect ratio image and it squeezed the image into a square shape.
Although with a bit of cropping to a square aspect ratio on the users part this can be avoided, but it takes more time.
I also managed to make my profile picture a text file. Right-clicking the picture than selecting the "open image in new tab" option will open this file in your default browser :)

Edit:

Also found this after failing my first saved solve and marking it as dnf
Edit-2:
I also found this error and this might be relevant I'm pretty sure time number 10 is supposed to be 2:12.51:

Thanks again, -Justin
Thank you very much for reporting all these errors. The profile picture bug is interesting, I hadn't tried it before! I was able to set an HTML file as my profile picture, and opening the "image" in a new tab showed the document! I'm working on these issues, and I will notify you once they're fixed.

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
@hdertgaming I think all the issues you mentioned about the profile page are fixed now. It doesn't let you choose just any file anymore from the UI.

I don't understand your Edit-4, and regarding Edit-5, it's an HTML input field with type="color", so it lets the browser take care of the color picker and stuff. Some browsers don't even show a color picker! There is, however, a workaround to this. As the colors are stored as hex values, you can try specifying the alpha channel value like this for example: #75757588, where "88" is the value of the alpha channel. If the color picker doesn't let you do this, open the developer console and execute this:
JavaScript:
let x = localStorage.getItem('settings').split('|');x[10]="#75757588";localStorage.setItem('settings', x);
and replace #75757588 with whatever bg color you want.

Regarding Edit-3, the timer used to start even when the focus was on an input, but I disabled this because the timer was also starting when people hit the spacebar in the input box to rename a session. I know how this can be fixed, and I'll try to fix it as soon as I can. I just want to say that this isn't a bug, but more of a side-effect. I'll also work on the issues you've mentioned regarding the times.

hdertgaming

YouTube
Visit Channel
Regarding edit four I added more materials to edit two, specifically I added another picture and a note

Edit: When changing my profile picture it prompts me to change it. Only the second prompt changes the profile picture, it also succeeds if you cancel the first prompt and accept the second one.

Thanks -Justin

Last edited:

Cubetastic5

YouTube
Visit Channel
Regarding edit four I added more materials to edit two, specifically I added another picture and a note

Edit: When changing my profile picture it prompts me to change it. Only the second prompt changes the profile picture, it also succeeds if you cancel the first prompt and accept the second one.

Thanks -Justin
This does not happen to me. Note that after selecting a profile picture, it takes a few seconds (around 3-10) for it to update. If you still can't get it to work in the first try, then please reply with the browser name and version.