• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubers in Florida!

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hm, by 2010 you say?
By August 2010, I'll finally have a car, and I'll try my best to go, since it's only a state away.

I'd like FMC, I want to apply my ZB method to something other than speed.
I realize that I suck at FMC, and my best solve is 37 moves. d:
However, I'm still new to it.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you have 2x2, 3x3, OH, BLD, Pyraminx, some place I can stay, it doesn't interfere with anything major at school, and it's not too soon after US Nationals, I'll try to make it, John. :)

In the meantime, I hope you keep showing up in Texas. :D

Congratulations. I might come to the comp. That is, If my mom would let me travel.

I thought you lived in Florida?

On that note, Florida is such a weird shape that Houston, TX is closer to Pensacola than Miami, FL... it's weird.

If you have 2x2, 3x3, OH, BLD, Pyraminx, some place I can stay, it doesn't interfere with anything major at school, and it's not too soon after US Nationals, I'll try to make it, John. :)

In the meantime, I hope you keep showing up in Texas. :D

Woot Texans!

Cubers in central Florida?

Don't know where this should go. It's funny, I saw my first other cubes today at my school using a sticker less of some sort. How many of us are there in the central area of Florida. More specifically, the space coast area?

Derek

Searching for cubers

Any cubers that live around the Florida Panhandle? It would be fun to get a cubing club or something like that together.

DMUser

Hello, all,

I live in Florida and I want to go to a competition, but they're all up north and I can't afford to go 800 miles from home. Will there be any competitions in the future near Florida? Even if it's within a year or so I would like to know.

Thanks.

aHappyAsian

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been thinking of hosting one unoficially for now because this would be my first time hosting. But it would be in the merrit island area if ur interested

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No offense to anyone, but it is rather concerning that due to the inactivity of WCA in the past 2-3 years that these newcomers are now too eager to be in a competition and they wish to create their own (official or unofficial) without ever even attending one before. As someone who has been around for a few years now and has only been able to attend one competition, I am as well eager to attend them as well.

It just seems rather odd that there hasn't been one for so long.
And yes there was planned to be one in Georgia: here
but I'm not 100% sure if it is happing still.

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
No offense to anyone, but it is rather concerning that due to the inactivity of WCA in the past 2-3 years that these newcomers are now too eager to be in a competition and they wish to create their own (official or unofficial) without ever even attending one before. As someone who has been around for a few years now and has only been able to attend one competition, I am as well eager to attend them as well.

It just seems rather odd that there hasn't been one for so long.
And yes there was planned to be one in Georgia: here
but I'm not 100% sure if it is happing still.

Maybe there have been no competitions in Florida because the people there are being lazy. If they were being proactive, competitions would have been held. This basically applies to any area that has not had competitions in a long time.