• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Recommendation Thread

bluedasher

I just figured I'd create this thread because I think the "One answer question thread" is over loaded with questions in every subject and this thread might help organize everything a little better. Since many people have questions pertaining to "what cube should I get?" or "What cube is better A or B" I figured I could organize all of these countless threads into one big thread. If you have any question on the subject of "what cube is better" or "what silicone should I get" etc. Ask here in this thread. I also searched around and I don't see a thread like this already in existence :eek:

Beppe81

Well, I think I could make good use of this thread..

I need a lube, but can't find CRC.. I found Svitol Tecknik Silikon.. is it good? I read it is for plastics, and so it shouldn't melt my cubes..

bluedasher

I believe whatever silicone you use it should be fine as long as it doesn't contain any petroleum as this is what melts your cube. Silicone is made to make things loose and is quite frequently used in door locks. I wouldn't trust the label, just read the ingredients and make sure it doesn't have any petroleum in it. If you don't have access to the ingredients research online for information. I have not used that type of silicone, but it all works the same way. You can also always order silicone online if you want CRC which is what I use.

jiggy

Unfortunately, this thread does already exist here. However, in your defence, it's been dead for a couple of weeks and it took me ages to find! Sorry.

bluedasher

Unfortunately, this thread does already exist here. However, in your defence, it's been dead for a couple of weeks and it took me ages to find! Sorry.

So what should I do? I don't want to rip off an existing thread. Or should I just leave the thread since the old ones been dead?