Cube Explorer - Cross on left OLLs?

Discussion in 'Cubing Help & Questions' started by Pusha, Apr 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Pusha

Pusha Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Russia
    WCA:
    2009RYAB01
    YouTube:
    hexaedron
    Have tried to look for cross on left OLLs in cube explorer, but it solves just yellow lines on top and bottom layers. Is there any hopes of fixing this in newer updates of cube explorer?

2. qqwref

qqwref Member

Dec 18, 2007
    a <script> tag near you
    WCA:
    2006GOTT01
    YouTube:
    qqwref2
    I think it's solving for the pieces to be oriented, which means oriented relative to U/D. I'd suggest setting up the OLL on the top layer, and then modifying the allowed turns so they produce a nice cross-on-left algorithm.

For instance, if you prefer only turns like R, U, M, and F, you would allow turns on U, L, E, and F.

3. Athefre

Athefre Member

Jul 25, 2006
    0, 0
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  4. Pusha

Pusha Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Russia
    WCA:
    2009RYAB01
    YouTube:
    hexaedron
    not always, I've already thought about this. try the first 11-move alg with picture you had suggested and you will see, that it solves another case.

5. Alukret

Alukret Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    WCA:
    2009OSTA01
    YouTube:
    Alukret2
    This is not correct. Cube explorer do not take into consideration E-edges. That's why you can't find algs for H-OLL, e.g.

And during algorithm if you have any permutation of U and D corners - you will not find alg, because you will see another case (I'm not sure, it's only guess).

6. Brest

Brest Super Reconstructor Staff Member

Sep 30, 2010
    WCA:
    2011STUA01
    YouTube:
    BrestCubing
    Do you want algs for every OLL, or a specific few?
    What move groups are you looking for? <R,U,F> <R,U,D> etc.