• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Explorer 5.00 released - with slice moves

Thread starter #1
For the implementation of slice moves into Cube Explorer I had to work on many parts of the source code, so it justifies the jump from 4.64 to 5.00.
I use the not very logical but usual identifiers E, M S and x,y,z for the moves of the slices and the cube rotations. Here for example the output for the three chessboard patterns of order 2,3, and 6:
S2 M2 E2 (3s*)
z2 x' S E R' S2 L2 E2 L' S U' M2 D2 S2 U' (13s*)
z2 x' R' E2 L2 S2 L' U' M2 D2 S E S U' (12s*)

Slice moves work for partially defined cubes too.

Lucas Garron

Staff member
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
LucasGarron
Cube Explorer – now with the greatest thing since sliced bread: slice turns. :p

It seems to run fine under Wine in Snow Leopard, though the first launch appeared a bit buggy. I'll report if anything significant fails.

Herbert: Would you mind if I moved this thread to the software area?

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
qqwref2
This is aweSoME!

I have one comment: if the user has a face-turn solution already known, optimal or not, when looking for a slice-turn solution it should accept that face-turn solution as a starting point, rather than starting at 20s or whatever. So if I have a 14f* or something, it shouldn't ever show me positions of 15s or worse.

Thread starter #20
This is aweSoME!

I have one comment: if the user has a face-turn solution already known, optimal or not, when looking for a slice-turn solution it should accept that face-turn solution as a starting point, rather than starting at 20s or whatever. So if I have a 14f* or something, it shouldn't ever show me positions of 15s or worse.
Yes this has some logic. I am sure there are other things which are wrong in the worst case. I will try to fix this in the next version.

To Lucas: Of course you can move this thread to the software section.