• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Explorer 5.00 released - with slice moves

For the implementation of slice moves into Cube Explorer I had to work on many parts of the source code, so it justifies the jump from 4.64 to 5.00.
I use the not very logical but usual identifiers E, M S and x,y,z for the moves of the slices and the cube rotations. Here for example the output for the three chessboard patterns of order 2,3, and 6:
S2 M2 E2 (3s*)
z2 x' S E R' S2 L2 E2 L' S U' M2 D2 S2 U' (13s*)
z2 x' R' E2 L2 S2 L' U' M2 D2 S E S U' (12s*)

Slice moves work for partially defined cubes too.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you mister Kociemba!
I've used this program to generate hundreds of cases!
So versatile and now even more user friendly!~

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cube Explorer – now with the greatest thing since sliced bread: slice turns. :p

It seems to run fine under Wine in Snow Leopard, though the first launch appeared a bit buggy. I'll report if anything significant fails.

Herbert: Would you mind if I moved this thread to the software area?

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is aweSoME!

I have one comment: if the user has a face-turn solution already known, optimal or not, when looking for a slice-turn solution it should accept that face-turn solution as a starting point, rather than starting at 20s or whatever. So if I have a 14f* or something, it shouldn't ever show me positions of 15s or worse.

This is aweSoME!

I have one comment: if the user has a face-turn solution already known, optimal or not, when looking for a slice-turn solution it should accept that face-turn solution as a starting point, rather than starting at 20s or whatever. So if I have a 14f* or something, it shouldn't ever show me positions of 15s or worse.

Yes this has some logic. I am sure there are other things which are wrong in the worst case. I will try to fix this in the next version.

To Lucas: Of course you can move this thread to the software section.