• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cracked rubik's cube 3x3 core

md123

Last week I dropped my two year old store bought Rubik's brand cube and the core cracked and is now in two pieces. Has anyone had any experience with this? If so, were you able to repair the core somehow? I would like to return the cube to useable condition (casual use) but don't know if that's possible at this point. If I can't use it, I would at least like to be able to assemble the cube ad keep it on display as it was my first cube.

I tried using gorilla glue and adhesive caulking but neither were able to withstad the reassembly process. Would using a glue gun work?

Thanks.

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks. Will it withstand the wear of actually using the cube?

generally, when using the cube, there isn't too much pressure on the core. Really the only way it could come apart is if you drop it again. Also make sure when you glue it the rivets dont stick to the core.

md123

I'll try to get a picture up soon. It cracked so that white and green are attached, and the other four centers are still connected, if that helps at all.

Vinny

WCA
2011VECC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
generally, when using the cube, there isn't too much pressure on the core. Really the only way it could come apart is if you drop it again. Also make sure when you glue it the rivets dont stick to the core.

It won't matter if the rivets stick to the core. As long as the actual centerpieces don't get glued to the core, it should be fine.

md123

Well I do enjoy juicy kittens...

Thanks for the help. I superglued it and am now waiting for it to fully dry.