• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Commutator challenge

siva.shanmukh

WCA
2008SHAN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am not sure what you mean here. Are you saying that we already know how to create algorithms to solve 3-cycles which are of the form:
A B A' , where B is not a 3-cycle algorithm?

And since that's true (not that I agree that it is or that you are saying that it is), is there a process to write any algorithm that solves 3-cycles into that same form?

Oh.. What I meant is basically that we can solve any 3-cycle algorithm using a commutator. Even if we didn't want to go through the exercise of figuring out A and B, we can do some setup moves, do a known commutator and then undo the setup moves.

To be even more clear, we have found a conjugate version for the U perm as R U' [U R U R U, z' y2] U R'. My question is "Is it possible to write any even move sequence in this form C A B A' B' C' (Assuming this form as conjugate)