Community Feedback: how can the site improve?

Discussion in 'Help, support & suggestions' started by pjk, Sep 22, 2016.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Just a minor little thing... in the reply box, the QUOTE button is hidden under the "+" sign next to the Media button

Could the Quote button be given its own place please, as there plenty of space for it ?

Maybe even give the Spoiler, Code, Strike-thru actions their own button space too?[/QUOTE]

2. Fejfo

Fejfo Member

Jul 16, 2017
    A better way to reply to comments than to quote them, like reddits cascading comments. Also a way to choose which way the comments sort (new -> old, old -> new, most likes,...)

3. I_<3_SCS

I_<3_SCS Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Potland, Colorado
    Wait... but if you sort by most likes, the thread doesn't make sense anymore...

4. Fejfo

Fejfo Member

Jul 16, 2017
    If replies are cascading the thread should still make sense. Since replies to replies are attached and indented. Only replies directly to the posted are ordered, and replies to replies are all ordered within their own reply. (Just look at reddit if you don't get what I mean)

5. I_<3_SCS

I_<3_SCS Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Potland, Colorado
    Ah... I see... Then why not just use r/Cubers?

6. DGCubes

DGCubes Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Over there
    WCA:
    2013GOOD01
    YouTube:
    DGCubes
    I don't know, I kinda like the way Speedsolving does it. It keeps everything nice and chronological.

Loiloiloi likes this.
  7. xyzzy

xyzzy Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Chronological (or reverse chronological) still remains as the only sensible option unless you want to ensure that late replies never get any visibility because they'd be buried by fast-but-heavily-upvoted replies.

Loiloiloi likes this.
  8. SenorJuan

SenorJuan Member

Sep 26, 2014
    U.K
    Since this afternoon (Thu 27th) I've been unable to access any of the site with scripting turned off, I get a message about 'cloudflare ddos' and some hex numbers, telling me it won't work without scripting.
    I turned on scripting, reloaded the page, then turned off scripting, and it's carried on working OK after that. I guess some cookie must've been set??
    Is this a permanent change, or just some temporary cloudflare-related 'protection process'.?

9. Jlvs2run

Jlvs2run Member

Sep 6, 2015
    California
    Cloudflare has been popping up on my screen today too, but only for 5 seconds, then goes off and the site comes up.

TDM and Rubix Cubix like this.
  10. Tonalli-T

Tonalli-T Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Hi everybody. I am new. I created my account because I have an idea. In database algorithms: why not create a list of algs for right-handers and another for left-handers. If a person is looking for an algorithm that suits him or her, it could become much easier. I mean, something like this :

Left-handers :
    F' L' U' L U F

Right-handers :
    F R U R' U' F'

mDiPalma likes this.
  11. Or you could just mirror the algs which most of the databases already contain.

mDiPalma likes this.
  12. Tonalli-T

Tonalli-T Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Ho well, I did not know that.

mDiPalma likes this.