• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Chris Tran, ZBLL Average of 5.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yay, I got 5 PLL skips in a row, haha, just kidding. :p
I also think I'm the first one to have a ZBLL average of 5 on video?
I didnt find any on youtube.
I suck at recall, but it'll get better in time. The method has a lot of potential.

For now, this will have to suffice, before I get faster.

Also, here's a normal CFOP average of 5, 15 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you learn all cases its 400+ algs.
If one were to mirror, its 270 or 290, one of those.
If you use some tricks I've learned, its only 250 or so.
If you invert and mirror, its around 144.

Watch my overview video, might help. Tells almost everything about ZB.

ZBF2L is a few hundred cases (300-400?), but those can be mirrored and cut in half.

EDIT: Wow, I was beat to the chase.

EDIT2: Times are on the video description, it was 18, 19, 25, 22, 34. Or you could just watch it, haha.

Last edited:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
From Jason Baum's site:

The basic idea of the method is to solve the last layer in one algorithm. However, this is most likely impossible under normal circumstances due to the extremely high number of cases (3916 in all). So in order to compensate for this, the edges of the last layer are oriented simultaneously while the final pair of the first two layers is being solved. This is known as ZBF2L, and there are 306 total cases to this step. With the last layer edges already oriented, it reduces the amount of possibilites from 3916 to 494. This is ZBLL - it orients corners, permutes corners, and permutes edges all at the same time. Altogether, there are exactly 800 cases in the ZB method (306+494).

I also use the same colors as Jason (light blue+florescents), well, since the last time I saw him that is. If Jason hadn't have shown me how to make algs, or have his website, I would still be using CFOP.