• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CCT Version 0.9.1

cpt.Justice

WCA
2009HOVE01
Yep. Only the scramble viewer is showing for me too. Previous version is fine. Running Vista.

Thanks for the screenshot. We're looking into this, although we don't know what's going on right now. Could someone with this bug run cct from the command line and let us know what gets printed, if anything?
To run from the command line, on windows, just go to start-run-type "cmd"-press enter. Then "cd" to whatever directory cct is in, and type "java -jar CALCubeTimer.jar" to run it. Any problems will get printed to the console.

I did the command line thingy for you, here is a screenshot:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2gxmqma.jpg

NickNack

I just downloaded the old version yesterday! Oh well, new update, no complaints here!

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
This version is awesome! :D But I'm having the same problem as jtjogobonito; I can't connect to IRC. :|

What are you guys using for an irc server? irc.ircstorm.net has been working fine for me.
brunson, I would imagine that you're correct about the lack of an ident server causing timeouts. I've enabled such a feature in the cct gui so less technical users will be able to connect to irc servers without having to run their own ident server.
brunson, what's the problem with connecting to an irc server once you enabled the ident server?
Awesome solution to the ident timout.

WRT my IRC problems, it was odd. I got a "connected message" in the title bars of the main IRC window and the sub window, but the status area at the bottom left of the main IRC window said "disconnected". I couldn't join any channel and got no list of channels, nothing. I was connected via epic in another window. I was using irc.freenode.net, I'll try ircstorm tomorrow and post back, right now I'm off to the Mile High Speedcubers BBQ at Dan's.

I posted the traceback I got when trying to import scrambles to your forum.

BTW, awesome, awesome. The new version is amazing. Thanks for all the hard work that went into it.

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Leviticus, the importing scrambles problem has been fixed. We're going to wait until we've fixed the gui problem before we release the (hopefully) more bug free version.

Rubixcubematt

YouTube
Visit Channel
i couldn't find the new version of cct. it only has v 0.2
@leviticus, have u done the sunday contest yet and have been able to import the scrambles???
EDIT: I found it, it must have been a bit slow, sorry for an inconvinience

Last edited:

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
Debug

Hi,

I'm only seeing the scrambler window when I run CCT too.

System:
  • Windows XP Professional Version 5.1 Service Pack 2
  • java version "1.6.0_06"
  • Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
  • Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode, sharing)

Steps to reproduce bug:
  1. Run cmd.exe
  2. java -jar CALCubeTimer.jar
  3. Close the Scrambler
  4. ALT+SPACEBAR and then X (maximise window)
  5. Select the Command Prompt Window
  6. Press CTRL+C

Result:
Code:
Exception in thread "Thread-74" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.gnehzr.cct.main.CALCubeTimer.saveToConfiguration(CALCubeTimer.java:1489)
        at net.gnehzr.cct.main.CALCubeTimer.prepareForProfileSwitch(CALCubeTimer.java:1470)
        at net.gnehzr.cct.main.CALCubeTimer$5$1.run(CALCubeTimer.java:1371)

---

My guess is that some Frames aren't being set to visible, or re-validated properly.

Tim.

Last edited:

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
Works in ircstorm.net. Maybe it's something weird with freenode. I know they have stuff to register nicks and require authentication to get a registered nick.

No worries, I'll just use ircstorm.

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all. Thanks so much for the bug reports and supportive comments. We're looking for someone with the gui bug to help us fix this problem ASAP. If you have the bug, and don't have a problem with getting multiple 3 mb files in your inbox, please email [email protected] letting us know you can help out. Thanks!
Also, if you don't mind, it would really help us out if you posted bugs in our forum: http://forums.gnehzr.net/. There is already a temporary workaround to the scramble bug here: http://forums.gnehzr.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5

I couldn't unarchive it for some reason.. I use a Mac if that matters..

[edit] nevermind.. I re-downloaded it and now it's fine

Last edited: